PDA

View Full Version : A3s hand. Post flop play.

AdamL
12-24-2004, 07:36 PM
Whole table is fishy. UTG+1 is loose passive.

On the flop I put him on a better ace than me.
Is this a case of raise the turn and take a free showdown if he doesn't fold?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (9 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Clarkmeister
12-24-2004, 07:47 PM
"Is this a case of raise the turn and take a free showdown if he doesn't fold?"

Ask yourself this. If he folds the turn, did you really want to raise?

AdamL
12-24-2004, 07:57 PM
No, I didn't. Good point.

Do I have to call down and hope he was betting 2-pair on the flop?

JEM7VSBL
12-24-2004, 07:57 PM
i'm not a big fan of raising this on the turn...you ask whether you should raise the turn and get the free showdown on the river? it's heads up after he leads out on the turn, so there's no other players to drive out with a raise. he (loose passive) led out, and it's unlikely he'll fold to your raise. i'd call the turn and river here with that kicker, it's the cheapest way to see the river, since he can always 3 bet the turn. maybe a little weak there, but eh.

Shillx
12-24-2004, 08:01 PM
The board is drawless, so I'm just calling the turn for sure. If you are going to raise somewhere in this hand, it should be on the river. Given the read, that might not be a good play either though.

Brad

me454555
12-24-2004, 09:20 PM
I'm raising the flop here. You've got 3 people left to act behind you and by calling, you give everyone 9:1 or better on their calls. If they've got a 5 or 9, thats enough to make calling to pair their kicker correct. Theres a semi good chance you've got the best hand here on the flop and a raise protects it by driving out middle and bottom pair as well as possible gutshots.

W. Deranged
12-24-2004, 09:31 PM
I would raise the flop here and take control of this hand. You don't want any of the smaller pairs or gutshots (67, 78 could be in here) around, and I think a raise will actually be pretty good from an informational standpoint as well. If you get three bet on the flop, you can fold the turn unimproved and not have to worry about later decisions.

After you raise the flop, assuming no three-bet, I would bet the turn if checked to, and probably value bet the river if your opponent doesn't show any more strength.

If your opponent leads into you on the turn after you raise the flop, call down. If you get check-raised on the turn, you're probably toast and I'd strongly consider folding.

Carmine
12-25-2004, 10:52 AM
Is calling with this hand PF appropriate after three limpers and still others to act? Do you really hope that a 3 kicker is going to hold up against six other players. The turn was great for you in this case, but with any other card what do you do? Call down and hope to lose the least amount. I see respected players on this board making this call often and when I inquire about it I never get a response. What am I missing here??

Gatts
12-25-2004, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is calling with this hand PF appropriate after three limpers and still others to act? Do you really hope that a 3 kicker is going to hold up against six other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

The times you are dominated will be made up easily by your suitedness.

With six people in the pot, it's very likely they have complete crap.

AdamL
12-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Given the read, I'm not sure if I should have just folded the turn.

AdamL
12-26-2004, 05:19 PM
bump. Fold the turn?

Rudbaeck
12-26-2004, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is calling with this hand PF appropriate after three limpers and still others to act?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.