PDA

View Full Version : PokerTracker says I made too much money, and rake is way off

TenPercenter
12-24-2004, 07:35 PM
Need some help, I think my PT database is messed up today. I'm fairly new to PT, but have used it enough to see that it is an incredible asset. I have about 5000+ hands so far, and I hate to have corrupted data already...

I played a lot (for me) last night, 1172 hands. At least that's what PT says. I was playing two tables, $50 NL 6-max, for about 15 hours. Does that sound about right to you on number of hands? (actually, now that I think about it, I didn't play that long. I played for about 9-10 hours by my clock, but PT says 15.63 hours?)

The problem is that PT says that I won more $ than I think I did. Unfortunately I didn't look at my PartyPoker cashier account before I started, but I feel like I had between $100 and $400. I know something's wrong because my PP account now has $843 but PT says I won about $1200 for the 24th of Dec. If I won that much, I should have $1300-1800 right?

If I try to do the math in my head for the table sessions I won, I won big (for me) at three tables. Buyin $50 at all three, and left with $350 at one, $220 at one, and $200 at one. Other tables were smaller win/loss, some minor losses some minor wins. Probably close to a wash on the others. But those big three say I should've won about $600ish. So that leads me to believe that PT is wrong, rather than me getting gipped by PP.

Also, I looked for a player that I watched closely to check his profit too. He started with $49 and when I left he had a little over $200. PT says he won net $356 but I never saw him rebuy. I played with him three hours and I swear he didn't rebuy. People came and went but we were both there chatting the whole time, comparing stacks (no silly jokes please /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Ten

p.s. Another odd thing I saw while trying to figure this out: A lot of rake number are hugely off. For the date of the 24th, my summary shows 2690 hands (including observed), with 2044 raked. HWF 2538. SF%52.23. Total Rake: -8,453.11 (yes, [i]negative). Avg rake: -3.58. Avg Pot: 18.00. % of pot: -19.91

In game notes, I show a great many hands that have a rake of well over $100 and one over $200 (positive). This is in addition to all the hands with negative rakes. That ain't right is it?

I can provide my HH's for this date if it will help. I can export them and replace my player name then make a zip file.

emonrad87
12-24-2004, 07:37 PM
This has to do with Party's upgrade; download the new PT patch, close the database and reload the hands in a new PT database.

gusly
12-24-2004, 07:40 PM
The latest patch should fix your problems... negative rake, etc.... In addition to updating PT with the patch, you'll have to reload affected hand histories. See PT support site for details.

TenPercenter
12-24-2004, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The latest patch should fix your problems... negative rake, etc.... In addition to updating PT with the patch, you'll have to reload affected hand histories. See PT support site for details.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks both of you. I'm glad it's that simple. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ten

ace_in_the_hole
12-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Does everybody need to get the new poker tracker patch?? I got poker tracker about 2 weeks ago, do you think I need it?? I have not noticed any problems in poker tracker but want to prevetn any possible future problems. Thanks.

Corey
12-24-2004, 09:09 PM
Yes you must download it if you play Party/Skins. PT's reliablity rests on the formating of each site's hand history. It can't control this and thus must be updated regularly.

Most updates get referenced here, but I have the support page bookmarked and check for updates during my daily "news" routine. A RSS feed would be nice.