PDA

View Full Version : (3/6) AKs vs LAG

Vern
12-24-2004, 06:38 PM
Seems all my questions at 3/6 tonight are coming from AKs

SB is a LAG (V50%/P20% PFAF=1.9)
UTG+2 is unknown, he just sat & posted (I read this to mean looser than normal when done from UTG+2).

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)
Props to Bison for his converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+2 posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

<font color="blue"> I think leading out and calling the checkraise is good, since the c/r is from a LAG and means he has two cards. Should I three-bet this? Does the presence of UTG+2 change the answer from a headsup situation?</font>

Turn: (7.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks.

<font color="blue">It would not be unheard of for this guy to go for a second check raise and all I had was still just a draw to a straight with a paired board so I don't see betting to be an option as I have the implied odds odds to call one here, but nothing close for paying two. Also if UTG+2 bets and SB then C/R I have to fold facing two bets but I can call 1 closing the action on this board if UTG+1 bets and SB calls or folds.</font>

River: (7.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero ?

Cap or call here? Does the presence of a third player, UTG+2, mean raising is better than calling here or is calling better since the board is paired?

As always, any criticism of any part of the hand is more than welcome.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.

Shillx
12-24-2004, 06:42 PM
I'm capping the river here. If he has T7 or whatever, then more power to the guy.

Brad

private joker
12-24-2004, 06:44 PM
All looks good to me. Call the river. The combination of an overcall from the dead money and the paired board makes me think capping is -EV.

With UTG calling the flop, I'd say 3-betting is chip spewing. You have no made hand and only backdoor draws. Call the flop c/r and check the turn as you did.

private joker
12-24-2004, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm capping the river here. If he has T7 or whatever, then more power to the guy.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

TT isn't unlikely.

Vern
12-24-2004, 06:45 PM
I agree that headsup against a LAG that is how I play it, but the post was more about how does that type of action change when there is a third player in the hand that is unknown. Does the addition of a third player in with you and a LAG increase or decrease the value of betting/raising.

Thanks for the response.

Vern

Shillx
12-24-2004, 06:46 PM
If UTG+2 will call the cap, then capping is clearly the right play IMO. If he will not call the cap, then calling is better.

Brad

MCS
01-04-2005, 12:04 AM
Did you think about just checking the flop?