PDA

View Full Version : 20/40 dream home game

DrGutshot
12-24-2004, 06:17 PM
(reposted from HUSH, no responses)

first time at this home game, we are 6 handed, never fewer than 5 people, often for 2-3 bets to a flop.
Reads:

UTG limps ANY TWO CARDS, calls ANY number of bets when its back to him. Postflop, he is fairly straightforward, rarely bets out with worse than top pair. However, he will always call with any single overcard, sometimes undercards if he has a chance at a runner-runner.

MP is the same as UTG, although he is more aggressive. He will raise midpair, but usually not worse. He will coldcall 3 bets on the turn with a small pair.

CO and Button are the same as MP.

the big blind I actually completely forgot was sitting at the table. When he sat down he was limping any2 and playing quite passively postflop, but still loved to call any backdoor draw or one overcard. The reason I forgot he was there was because he had taken a few beats and hadn't played a hand in 4 or 5 orbits.

The hand:
DrG has J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB.
Everyone limps to me, I complete, BB raises, everyone calls.

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, BB bets, everyone calls back to me, I call. (do you do something else?)

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

What is your plan for the rest of the hand?

Thanks,

-DrG

Nightwish
12-24-2004, 09:45 PM
I would have bet the flop and bet the turn.

DrGutshot
12-24-2004, 11:33 PM
if he raised the flop, do you check/call the T+R?

if an ace/king turns?

-DrG

TStoneMBD
12-25-2004, 10:18 AM
well what is your read of the BB? is he capable of raising the flop and pounding the turn with less than a pair of jacks? if not, take a card off to try and spike a jack, and fold to the turn bet. ps: i would have led the flop here. if you bet and noone raises you can be fairly sure your hand is good.

DrGutshot
12-25-2004, 02:19 PM
The reason I didn't bet the flop is that I felt BB would be aggro enough to raise AKo on the flop, and I still wouldn't have any idea where I was at in the hand. For this reason, I decided to bet out the turn, deciding he wasn't aggro enough to raise the turn with AKo, so I could fold to a raise.

Thoughts on that line?

also - what do you guys think about check/calling the wholeway as long as noone raised him on the turn?

-DrG

Nightwish
12-25-2004, 05:36 PM
It sounds like these people will raise very lightly and call with practically any two cards. You won't be able to get them to fold, and you won't get any information. Just bet and make them pay while you likely have the best hand. You won't win as many pots as you would have been able to if you could actually do things like isolate people and so on, but the pots you win will be huge.