PDA

View Full Version : A common situation that causes me hell.

partygirluk
12-24-2004, 06:07 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Partyigrluk (t3970)
Button (t4950)
SB (t4580)

Preflop: Partyigrluk is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t1200</font>, Partyigrluk?

Villain has min raised a couple of hands earlier and showed 33. He limped from the SB with A3 and then Check min raised the A93 flop vs. me. He seems decent, not great for the $6.5 Turbo level.

What is my plan for the hand?

syka16
12-24-2004, 08:50 PM
You could stop and go. But K7 probably isn't any better than what he's got so don't push if you think he'll call. I agree with gambling for 1st but I like to be the first one to put in the raise with that hand.

david050173
12-24-2004, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Partyigrluk (t3970)
Button (t4950)
SB (t4580)

Preflop: Partyigrluk is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t1200</font>, Partyigrluk?

Villain has min raised a couple of hands earlier and showed 33. He limped from the SB with A3 and then Check min raised the A93 flop vs. me. He seems decent, not great for the $6.5 Turbo level.

What is my plan for the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your options are
1) fold - k7 is a crappy hand
2) call and hope you hit the king or 7. Not very likely
3) raise all in and hope his weak raise is a steal.

I tend to favor 1 since I like to be the one betting and making the other guy make these hard decisions. On these hands you really need a read on your opponent. Some people always raise 3x except when they have AA/KK and then they miniraise from the blinds. Other people always miniraise from the SB no matter what they are holding. It also depends how many times I have come over the top in defending my blinds recently.

partygirluk
12-24-2004, 11:46 PM
There is 1950 in the pot (with antes) and it only costs me 600 to call, with position. I really don't know if it is worthwhile ITLR.

Apathy
12-25-2004, 01:16 AM
I really do not think calling is a reasonable option. Pushing and Folding are both better and I think folding is much better unless you feel you have folding equity against this player after they min raise. Have you seen them lay down to a reraise pf? have they been stealing a lot? if not then fold.

AA suited
12-25-2004, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is 1950 in the pot (with antes) and it only costs me 600 to call, with position. I really don't know if it is worthwhile ITLR.

[/ QUOTE ]

calling is horrible. what happens if neither a k or 7 flops, and villian min bets? you're back in the same situation.

Strollen
12-26-2004, 01:54 AM
She has 27% chance of flopping a K or 7 (2.7 to 1 odds). Plus a 2% chance of flopping K AND 7 and 1.4% of getting trips. So more than 30% of the time her K7 improves. The pots are 3.25 to 1. She calls and if she hits a pair, bets or goes all in. If she miss and her opponent checks, I'd probably check also. If her opponent bets small on the flop well, I would depend. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seems to me this is a classic case where your opponent probably holds a better hand and you don't have enough to push an all in, but your stack and the pot supports a call with position.

texasrattlers
12-26-2004, 02:13 AM
I like pushing over the top in situations like this sometimes. It is really a feel thing. I will usually do it at least once per bubble when the blinds are this big, especially with someone who is always raising the blinds. Good chance he will fold, and you are in the driver's seat for first. Chances are he puts you on a much better hand than K7, and will only call w/ top tier hands. But again it is a feel thing, so no right answer for this isolated example. Calling is definately not an option.

Strollen
12-26-2004, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Calling is definately not an option

[/ QUOTE ]

Wny not?
The SNG FAQ says if you are going to bet or raise 40% of more of your stack, than go all in. This seems sensible.

But 600 or even 1200 isn't 40% of your stack it is 30%. If you call the bet and the flop is scary like AQ9 with 2 suits and the raisers bets you fold. You are hurt but you aren't out of the tourney. If the flop is KQ7, you and the raisers has a King or even AQ, you almost certainly doubled up.