PDA

View Full Version : standard?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-24-2004, 05:50 PM
No read on CO, it's his first hand. BB is tricky, but not very good at poker. Should I have gone for the flop c/r or bet out?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP folds, CO calls, Button folds.

River: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

chio
12-24-2004, 06:40 PM
i think tight and passive is the way to go in this hand

on the turn, with the pot this small, i think i would check with the intention of folding unless it's button who bets

and i would fold the river

lehighguy
12-25-2004, 05:39 PM
This is 1/2, so it is different from 5/10 and I imagine they fold less. I'll give my 5/10 advice.

I would bet the flop and see what people do. Second pair top kicker is a pretty good hand 6 handed. I'm happy to take pot right now. If I get many callers I get passive, if I get one caller I might bet again and then check call river.

The flop bet is key. It will drive out people without hands (I have no clue if people fold to $1 at that limit, but they do at 5/10).

The other strategy you can pursue is a flop checkraise. If it gets checked to the button and he bets raise him to knock people out. He may be bluffing because he is the button, or he has some hand worse then yours. The big advantage to this is that if everyone checks to button you can be pretty sure they don't have king. However, watch out for having it get through as an overcard (in this case a 10) may come. You have to have a read on your button.

Alot of this is based on reads. If flop caller is loose and will call with anything I favor betting turn again. If he is rock then I might check. Also, how aggressive is he. Will he bet everytime checked too.