PDA

View Full Version : Poker Stars- $5,000 freeroll????

09-17-2001, 12:05 AM
Ive been playing at this site for a few days now..and i love the software. I just noticed that they have a $5000 tournament in October, that it is stated as a "freeroll". But when you try to register for it, it tells you need these frequent point. Someone at the table mentioned that you have to play a bunch of hands to get these points. Doesn't freeroll mean "free"..and you should be able to register without any commitments. I mean this is what they do for the daily freerolls..so why not with this one?

Anyone play there and know the full deal?

09-17-2001, 01:40 AM
You need to collect "points" before you can play in the $5000 freeroll. The purpose of the freerolls is to collect user feedback and to help test the site, so in essence, none of the freerolls are truely "free".

As someone once said to me, "there's no such thing as a free lunch". /images/smile.gif

Anyways, if I were you, I wouldn't sign up for the $5000 freeroll. /images/wink.gif The fewer players to sign up, the more chance I'll have to win!

- Tony

09-17-2001, 03:45 AM
You are right, the $5000 freeroll does require 1000 Frequent Player Points, which are explained in detail on the website at pokerstars.com. You certainly don't need to spend a lot of time at Poker Stars to qualify for the freeroll; I would speculate that 15 hours is the absolute maximum required. Many players will qualify in 5-10 hours of play and some even faster.

You've got over a month to rack up these points and qualify for the freeroll. Simple casual play will get the job done.

09-17-2001, 07:39 AM
it's a fun site, but they still have some glitches, which they seem to be working out...really like the multiple table tournies and hope they get a good site going..jmho..gl

09-17-2001, 11:53 AM
The software is the best Ive seen yet, it has a shot at competing with Paradise directly.

09-17-2001, 03:13 PM
this is the best site to come along since( poker spot)the only glich ive seen was in a touny .they are paying real money to play in there beta tounys 3 every day .i beleive this site will be a real winner .some realy neat fetures are tracking your play % wise while playing . tracing a hand if u have the hand no . just go there site and pull it up a S A P . there was a lot of thought and effort put into this poker site by people that knew what they were doing .