PDA

View Full Version : 21 outs for AA and no help

jkamowitz
12-24-2004, 05:19 PM
It's always frustrating to have aces cracked I know so I will share two stories, one where I feel I successfully prevented the cracking and the second where I dont know if there was any chance from the start.

Hand one

hero is UTG with AhAd in a live 10/20 at foxwoods. Hero opens to 20,
UTG+1 is a loud obnoxiious LAG who three bets immediately
Mp1 call, mp2 calls blinds fold hero calls (does not cap)
Hero checks in the dark.
flop: 8c2c2s LAG opens, mp1 raises mp2 calls hero three bets LAG caps, mp1 and 2 fold hero calls.
Turn: Jd
Hero check raises LAG who calls.
turn 3d Hero bets LAG calls

Hand two:
Hero is UTG with AcAh open raises
gets 5 cold callers

flop KhQh2s Big blind bets hero raises gets 4 callers.
turn: Jh BB checks hero bets gets 4 callers
(right now i have to figure if i'm up against two pair. A set would have certainly raised me by now as would have a flush or a straight. if i am up against two pair than any heart, ace, ten, or board pairing card can make me a winner.)
river: 7d all check to mp3 who bets, the rest fold hero calls.

RESULTS
In hand one, LAG has AcJc for nut flush draw and top pair. turns out mp3 had jj and LAg's cap caused him to fold. . .thank god.

In hand two, mp3 shows me Qs2s for two pair, who cold called two bets preflop and proceeded to play his hand very cautiously.

When I get aces in these passive 10/20 games I pray for someone to open ahead of me so I can three bet. Unfortunately hand two hurt a lot and was unable to recover for awhile.
Thanks, just thought I'd share.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-24-2004, 05:27 PM
If you are looking for sympathy, you will find none on this forum.

jkamowitz
12-24-2004, 05:54 PM
ha, I'm not looking for sympathy you inconsiderate jerk, just sharing hands two very similar situations and how more action preflop helped keep my aces alive.

Alexthegreat
12-24-2004, 06:36 PM
stupidity postflop helped you win the first hand......I would never muck JJ before the turn in that first hand....the pot was getting huge, and he made a mistake....

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-24-2004, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately hand two hurt a lot and was unable to recover for awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure you aren't looking for sympathy?

I apologize for being a dick, but everyone here has had Aces cracked before, and nobody on the Mid-High Stakes forum is playing their AA weakly to the point where this post has much value as a teaching tool.

If I am missing the point of this post or misinterpreting something you said, let me know.

jkamowitz
12-24-2004, 11:20 PM
no no reason to really post.

Truth is there was a man at my table who posts here and I told him I'd never remember his screenname so we agreed I'd post this story and he'd find me this way. Ha.

Also, I have no clue why mp2 folded JJ but thank god.

Kevin J
12-25-2004, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but everyone here has had Aces cracked before,

[/ QUOTE ]

I have yet to have aces cracked. I dread the coming of that day.

TStoneMBD
12-25-2004, 10:16 AM
ive had sets of aces cracked, several times. ill post those hands.

Your Mom
12-25-2004, 11:36 AM
not capping preflop in hand 1 is just terrible poker.

jkamowitz
12-27-2004, 06:44 PM
I need some help here. I understand that capping with aces pre-flop is standard play. However in certain situations where you know that the player behind you is more than average aggressive I feel that sometimes it is right to let him do the betting for you. In hand one, as soon as the player to my left three bet and got two cold callers, I knew he'd bet the flop regardless. I instantly ran through two scenarios. One, I cap and lead on the flop and on the turn.
This would obviously show great amounts of strength and any capable player would put me on aces. After the hand, I came to the conclusion that by not capping it and instead three betting the flop I was able to get small pocket pairs to fold for two more bets rather than just one.
Scenario two, I check no matter what comes and hope to check raise a safe flop. Luckily for me this flop was pretty safe as my aces instantly negated any other possible two pair. Mabye I'm wrong but to me capping here would be a mistake.