PDA

View Full Version : AA - raise and reraise on the turn

wahooriver
12-24-2004, 03:16 PM
Loose table - very difficult to read bets.

My questions - should I cap the turn, should I bet the river?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

DrGutshot
12-24-2004, 05:45 PM
I don't think there's any other sensible way to play this.
I call and expect to lose most of the time.

I also think anyone telling you to cap the turn is over-aggressive, as many 2+2ers are.

-DrG

aflaba
12-24-2004, 08:58 PM
I agree with MrGutshot

MP and UTG just called the flop pbut raised the turn.

This means that they are either slowplaying or hit on the turn.

If someone hit with the 2 on the turn that surly gave him at least two pair.

I don't think anyone would slowplay a hand worse than AA here.

Also on the turn UTG limp-reraises. This shows on great strength.

I think folding would be better than to cap it.

JrJordan
12-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Someone once told me to put a sticky note next to my laptop that a turn 3-bet beats TPTK nearly 95% of the time. With two people in here raising, I think I vomit in the garbage can, then come back to the laptop and muck it. You're getting 6.5:1 to cold call this turn, and it's doubtful you win that often. Make a note of their godwaful hands and take em down on another one.

wahooriver
12-24-2004, 09:53 PM
I will post result tomorrow sometime.

wheelz
12-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Folding the turn probably would've been a good idea, but I think the Hero might be ahead here on the river. It definitely looks like UTG make his second pair with the 2 (or maybe had K5 and played it real slowly), and his second pair has now been counterfeited. Not sure about MP, but he could just be value betting a king that he decided to wait to raise with until the turn.

I could be way off, but I think you have to check-call this river. I definitely wouldn't bet it, or cap the turn. Folding the turn is probably best, but it sure is hard to fold those aces.