PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else play levels 1 and 2 loose

betgo
12-24-2004, 01:41 PM
I know there have been a lot of posts by people saying they only play AK and pairs on levels 1 and 2. Is there anyone else who plays levels 1 or 2 loose?

I don't limp with junk or call raises with ATo. However, when you have a lot of people limping and calling raises with mediocre hands and a lot of wild action on all streets, it seems there are better ways to take advantage.

I will raise limpers with KQ or better. I get them to put a lot more money in with junk hands. A lot of times I fold the flop. However, sometimes I can win the pot even if I miss, because they don't know I don't have an ace or a big pair.

I will call raises with suited connectors if I am getting multiway action. A lot times you not only get 5-way action preflop, but maybe 3-way or more action on the flop and turn, which is great for a draw. You can often double up if you hit your straight or flush.

I will also limp in late position with all sorts of semispeculative hands if there are already a lot of limpers. I might call with Q8s or 75o on the button in level 1. Although it is hard to bluff, your position in worth something with any two cards, and you may get a lot of action if you hit a straight, flush, 2 pair, or trips.

I multitable low buyin $10-$20, where a lot of the players are really bad. I could probably play a higher level, but I haven't been playing long enough that I have the confidence, and am more comfortable winning consistently than dealing with swings.

Irieguy
12-24-2004, 05:54 PM
If you eliminated all of the plays you mention from your early-stage SNG approach, your ITM% would immediately increase by 4% or so.

Irieguy

SuitedSixes
12-24-2004, 07:24 PM
Agreed. A couple of weeks ago I went on a losing skid. The first thing I noticed when I tried to figure out "why" was my VPIP was higher in the 1st three rounds during the skid. I had a lot of success earlier playing very tight (my ROI had been higher than my ITM) and I had just started getting cocky thinking I was good enough to recover from a bad hand early on. Let everyone else do the work for you in the beginning.

syka16
12-24-2004, 08:53 PM
You could make a lot of mistakes with that strategy multitabling if you don't have your reads right.