PDA

View Full Version : 6/12 live - CDC steals a blind.

bisonbison
12-24-2004, 03:29 AM
Chris and I are both attempting to play our A games in a good 6/12 game at Bay 101.

Surprisingly, it's folded to CDC in the CO. He raises 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif. I 3-bet from the button (.5 SB drop, so I'm putting in 2.5 SB here). The $2 SB folds and the shortstacked BB calls.

The flop comes A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
BB checks, CDC bets, I raise. BB calls all-in. CDC calls.

The turn is the 7/images/graemlins/club.gif
CDC checks, I bet, CDC checkraises, I 3-bet... There's no HU cap here. How many bets should CDC go?

Remember, I've played 2000+ hands with CDC, know he's a lag when he feels like it, know he knows I know he's a lag, know he thinks I can be weak-tight on expensive streets, know that he knows that I know that he thinks I can be weak-tight... blah blah blah.

How many bets?

Chaos_ult
12-24-2004, 03:35 AM
i say 4-bet and call a 5-bet.

That's my answer to everything tonight.

Yobz
12-24-2004, 03:38 AM
I'm confused, you know he has the flush...what do you have? I dont think he will lay it down, most likely call you down....

ThePenguin
12-24-2004, 04:52 AM
It seems the relevant info is your hand. This is like asking us how many bets we would call without even looking at our cards.

joker122
12-24-2004, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is like asking us how many bets we would call without even looking at our cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

???

just answer as if you were playing CDC's hand...

shant
12-24-2004, 05:13 AM
I think the point of this post is that you're looking at this from CDC's perspective, and you don't know bison's hand.

ThePenguin
12-24-2004, 05:38 AM
I see, should have read more closely. It's past bedtime. I think that typically he shouldn't raise more than four, and then call a fifth. He should probably bet the river if no other club hits, as our hero could be drawing to a higher flush on the river. If river hits a fourth club, then he must check call. I think that after four or five raises he just wants to get to the river without seeing the fourth club hit.

dtbog
12-24-2004, 05:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He raises 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my favorite hand, so he should make as many bets as possible, and you should keep raising to give him the chance to win a record-sized pot with 83. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-DB

ThePenguin
12-24-2004, 06:29 AM
Delving deeper, this is what he's thinking step by step on the turn.
1. I'll check raise now that i've made my hand and bison knows i would be likely to bluff. He might then re-raise a hand like top-pair and i could be sitting on a good-size pot.
2. All goes according to plan, chances are very strong my hand is best, I'll raise again.
3. <Bison re-raises> Could Bison reraise again if he couldn't beat a made flush? He might think I'm bluffing the flush, but he must be worried enough about it after all this action; he is aware that I'm capable of trying to steal with almost any suited cards, but does he think that I would raise four bets without one? Would he raise with A Kc/Qc? No, he would call and hope to catch a club. His three-bet pre-flop indicates strength. Perhaps he caught a set of Aces or Jacks? Even if he had a set, he would have to be sure that i didn't have a flush to raise again. It's unlikely he's made a lower flush than me because of the preflop play, so i can rule out the chance that my flush could beat his. What does he gain by raising here if doesn't have me beat already? Does he really think I'm going to fold and say "you got me?". Perhaps he thinks I have a strong hand but no flush, and he's trying to use his weak/tight image on later streets to get me to fold to a perceived flush? No, i think he's made a higher flush (or at very least has a chance at making or beating one) because he simply wouldnt have bet that many rounds if he did not. I now call and check/call the river because my hand is fairly strong and i've already invested too much not to showdown.

Chris Daddy Cool
12-24-2004, 08:15 AM
i check/called the flop, if that makes any difference.

sfer
12-24-2004, 10:14 AM
One more to see if you 5-bet.

Gatts
12-24-2004, 12:35 PM
Toss in one more. If 5-bet, check-call the river. If called, bet a pairing river and fold to a raise?

I dunno, I've been up too long and when I do that, I start thinking only like 5 levels. What does CDC think that Bison thinks that CDC thinks that Bison thinks he has?

...I need sleep.

bisonbison
12-24-2004, 03:00 PM
anyhooo, chris 4-bet, I 5-bet, chris 6-bet, I 7-bet, chris called.

river was the Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

chris check-called and got shown the best of all possible hands for this board.

Danenania
12-24-2004, 05:30 PM
I think he could 4-bet and fold to a 5-bet.

Danenania
12-24-2004, 05:32 PM
Whoa how drunk was he?

bisonbison
12-24-2004, 05:39 PM
Chris doesn't really drink. I was on my 3rd glass of wine.