PDA

View Full Version : Weird stud hands (newbie warning)

bigredlemon
12-24-2004, 02:48 AM
I hit a full house of QQQAA so me and villain basically capped it each round. He didn't have any K up and one of the Ks had died so I put him on a boat of 6s (he had two 6s showing) or at least a lower boat.

Anyway, he had quad 6s, so it was a very expensive loss. How often do quads happen? Should I have slowed down?

Also, if you have trips and want to fill to a boat, what are the odds of that happening?

Ps, if you show a low pair up, but that's all you have, and it's checked to you, what's the correct move? Just check and tell everyone you have nothing?

Spook
12-24-2004, 10:03 AM
The answer in stud is pretty much always, it depends.
How are the other peoples boards looking? A lot of scary cards out? Then check. Do you have an ace? is also important. If your other cards are both low with no coordination, then you should check. If your other two cards are high and alive, a bet if fine.

timmer
12-24-2004, 05:07 PM
Make the fifth bet, call the sixth against the open 6's

Andy B
12-25-2004, 04:09 PM
You should be willing to put in quite a few bets with Queens full. When the other guy makes it six or seven bets, I would probably slow down. If this was on-line, where there is a four-bet cap no matter the action, I'd probably slow down after consecutive capped betting rounds. You're showing (at least) a big pair, so he should be concerned that you have Sixes-full beaten.

If you have trips on third or fourth street it's about 40% that you'll make a full house. The cards that are out will impact the exact chances.

Quads don't happen very often, but they're not so rare that you shouldn't be aware that you might run into them once in a while.

With the low pair and nothing, check behind unless you have some reason to believe that you'll be able to buy the pot.