PDA

View Full Version : Ok, rip me apart

Dubra
12-24-2004, 02:46 AM
Late in the 20+2 NL tourney at PP. 37 left, i am in about 10th place. avg chip count is about 35% of mine.
read on opponent is loose aggressive. he was chipleader of tourney for awhile. raises preflop if he has a hand. in this hand he limps, which leads me to believe he has a high PP based on his play.

i am in the BB with 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Blinds are 4/8K
I have 66K in chips, so does villain but he has me slightly covered. SB has ~22K
Villain limps in MP
SB complets

flop comes
10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, I bet 4K, Villain raises to 8K, Sb folds, I smooth call

Ok, so this is consistent with my thoughts that he has high pockets.

Turn is the 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I go allin.
Reasoning is, I want to take down the pot now, if he calls, i think i am in good shape against his overpair.

he calls and turns over 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif for the boat, and i am out in 37th after being about 10th or 11th in chips

I still get $143 for my $22 but I feel as if I made several mistakes in this hand. I dont think this is a hand that I want to go out on. but based on my opponents past plays and my read i really thought he had an overpair. Please rip me apart and thanks in advance for the tips. Happy holidays.

Lloyd
12-24-2004, 02:49 AM
Register an official complaint due to duplicate cards in the deck /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dubra
12-24-2004, 02:51 AM
ah sorry,

2 hearts on flop, turn is the 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

i must be getting tired

FrankLu99
12-24-2004, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Late in the 20+2 NL tourney at PP. 37 left, i am in about 10th place. avg chip count is about 35% of mine.
read on opponent is loose aggressive. he was chipleader of tourney for awhile. raises preflop if he has a hand. in this hand he limps, which leads me to believe he has a high PP based on his play.

i am in the BB with 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Blinds are 4/8K
I have 66K in chips, so does villain but he has me slightly covered. SB has ~22K
Villain limps in MP
SB complets

flop comes
10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, I bet 4K, Villain raises to 8K, Sb folds, I smooth call

Ok, so this is consistent with my thoughts that he has high pockets.

Turn is the 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I go allin.
Reasoning is, I want to take down the pot now, if he calls, i think i am in good shape against his overpair.

he calls and turns over 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif for the boat, and i am out in 37th after being about 10th or 11th in chips

I still get $143 for my $22 but I feel as if I made several mistakes in this hand. I dont think this is a hand that I want to go out on. but based on my opponents past plays and my read i really thought he had an overpair. Please rip me apart and thanks in advance for the tips. Happy holidays.

[/ QUOTE ]

minimum raise == danger. didnt you see dnegreanu min raise TJ when dN flopped a set (on some tv poker show)?

Lloyd
12-24-2004, 03:20 AM
There's 24k in the pot and you bet 4k. That's a fraction of the pot and a fraction of your stack so it is SCREEMING draw. Not that it would have made a difference in this case but you're going to have to bet more than that if you're trying to win the pot. When he raised it on the flop you were getting 9 to 1 odds so you had to call. You were doomed as soon as the 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif hit the board. Obviously, a boat is possible but it would be pretty weak of you to put him on such. I would have maybe checked the turn hoping he would bluff and if not, lead out on the river.

Bottom line is you were losing your chips on this hand. It happens.

tiger7210
12-24-2004, 03:42 AM
What part of his MP limp gave you any indication he had a big pair.

"raises preflop if he has a hand"

The big mistake here IMO is pushing the turn when 99% of the time you only get called if you're beat. He easily could have limped with Axh and check raised the flop on a higher flush draw.

The big question in the hand though is why are there 2 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the deck?
That could be the real reason you lost this hand. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

zaxx19
12-24-2004, 07:56 AM
Ya you made an obvious blocking bet with the 4k....mine as well tell him what you have and see if he wants to gamble.

Stoneii
12-24-2004, 08:42 AM
mmmm- now the boat disappears - strange goings on alright!!