PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 or 2/4 question???

Talk2BigSteve
12-24-2004, 01:27 AM
I am starting to 4 table in January with $800 and my question is should I 4 table $1/2 Limit Hold'em with $200 per table(100BB) or should I 4 table $2/4 Limit Hold'em with $200 per table(50BB)???

Living, Learning, and Laughing.
Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

ArthurD
12-24-2004, 01:33 AM
Although not too smart on these topics, I don't like either of my options. I hate sitting down with my entire bankroll on the table... You may have more self control than I do, but I hit a downswing, or have a tough table, or something like that (tilt). I prefer to keep only 20-30BB at each table, and I move tables if I sense it's not going well.

As to which limit, you should play the limit you're able to successfully beat for the move EV. If you can beat them both easily, and have proven this through tens of thousands of hands (or more), then more power to you. Most like to start small and work up... that's what I did.

ncboiler
12-24-2004, 01:41 AM
Your bankroll is not big enough for 2/4 so the answer is obvious.

Talk2BigSteve
12-24-2004, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Although not too smart on these topics, I don't like either of my options. I hate sitting down with my entire bankroll on the table... You may have more self control than I do, but I hit a downswing, or have a tough table, or something like that (tilt). I prefer to keep only 20-30BB at each table, and I move tables if I sense it's not going well.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not my entire bankroll just what I am going to start with on Empire for my first try at 4 tabling. I just purchased a 1600x1200 monitor and I am going to give it a shot.

Living, Learning, and Laughing.
Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

itsmarty
12-24-2004, 11:47 AM
Without knowing what limits you usually play, this is impossible to answer accurately.

Learn to four table at a limit at which the money is trivial to you, and work your way up.

Martin