PDA

View Full Version : All-in Cheating?

09-13-2001, 06:36 PM
I have seen in recent post about cheating on internet poker with your given all-in. I would like to make sure that I do not do it as well as recognize if it is done to me. Please tell me more.

09-13-2001, 10:03 PM
simple really. PP gives you an "all-in" in case of system disconnects, crashes etc. Hence, you will not necessarily lose all of your money in a pot if for some reason on the river, your ISP bugs out.

some people deliberately let the response time run out to get PP to automatically put them all in. this allows them to compete for the pot without calling any more bets.

you can tell if they have cheated you by the messaged displayed. if they have had a real system crash or disconnect it will say "joeblow has lost contact" etc. however, if they let the timer run down it will say "joeblow did not act in time".

the downside for the cheater is that you only get to do this once per 24 hours so risk not having an "all-in" to rely on to protect yourself if you get a disconnect, say on the turn when you have the nuts.

d.

09-13-2001, 10:47 PM
I must not be too smart. I would have never thought to do that. Does that happen a lot? If it does, what do you do about it?

09-13-2001, 11:39 PM