PDA

View Full Version : Standard play at level 8?

Sidekick
12-24-2004, 12:45 AM
Poker Stars $5 + $0.50 Sit and Go.

Table has been playing VERY tight. The only player other than myself that has been willing to take any risks has been the BB.

I have managed to fight my way back from about 600 chips when it was down to 5 players. Had a couple of good hands that went south to deplete my chips in level 4 which has left me in my current short stacked position.

BB has been the only player to show any real aggression besides myself since it got down to 5 players. I have been stealing blinds at slightly more than once every cycle, and managed to take down a couple of pots from the BB when someone limped, which has allowed me to build my stack up to where it is.

I think this is a routine play, but I have lost so many tournaments on hands like these lately that I need to verify that I'm making correct decisions.

All comments are greatly appreciated.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t3420)
Button (t4770)
Hero (t1675)
BB (t3635)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1650</font>, BB calls t1250.

Flop: (t2975) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t2975) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t2975) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t2975

curtains
12-24-2004, 03:34 AM
Your allin is automatic here. I'd also consider it automatic if you had K3o.
(I move in with a ton of hands here....simply put there are quite good chances your opponent will fold, and even if they don't you might win anyway. It's nice to have only one opponent in the way, and you are so shortstacked it's not the end of the world if you go allin with J7o and get called by QTs. Although they seem to always magically have A7o in those situations.)