PDA

View Full Version : pokerroom 50% up to 300 on pokerlistings

kgrad5
12-23-2004, 11:11 PM
http://www3.pokerroom.com/main/44/ is the link but you may have to actually click on it form pokerlistings to get it activated.. i called and they are transferring me over manually because it didnt do it auto for me..

edit: this bonus is for new signups only

climber
12-24-2004, 04:34 AM
Have fun--

I got all excited about this and deposited my $600--then realized it would take me 10k+ hands at an unknown site to get $300. I've got stuff going on and will be out of the country a bit in the next month or two. Theres no way I'm committing that much time to one site/bonus. What happens if you hit a downswing of 100BB--well too bad you still got 8k more hands to play....

There definition of a "raked hand" seems very strict. At 1/2 it seemed like about 1 in 4/5 hands was raked. Pretty rough.

Best of luck with it. I might try for it if I had less stuff going on in the next month or two.

Kirko Bara
12-24-2004, 07:36 AM
10k hands? Are you playing the $0.25/$0.50 limit tables or what? And unknown room? Just bigger than pacific, crypto and roughly equal to ub...
This bonus is a great deal for you, but you might have to play $2/$4 to get points a bit faster. Somehow I don't think pokerlistings targets players at the lowest limits..

The Quirky Kirko

Izaak_Walton
12-24-2004, 08:04 AM
I signed up for this a couple of weeks ago. I play $.5/$1 NL; and that's all I want to play right now. After a couple of hours I had 27 points. Based on this sample, I figured it would take me 12,000 hands. The software is unbelievably annoying (for me at least)--the worst I've seen. I abandoned the project and withdrew my money. In contrast, the $500 I put into Gaming Club on 12/16 has grown to $1911.66 and I really enjoy their mini-view. Software is also quirky, but much more to my taste. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kirko Bara
12-24-2004, 11:29 AM
Common knowledge (I think): Don't clear a PokerRoom.com bonus via NL.. most pots (at the lower levels) aren't raked enough to give you any points.

Overdrive
12-24-2004, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have fun--

I got all excited about this and deposited my $600--then realized it would take me 10k+ hands at an unknown site to get $300. I've got stuff going on and will be out of the country a bit in the next month or two. Theres no way I'm committing that much time to one site/bonus. What happens if you hit a downswing of 100BB--well too bad you still got 8k more hands to play....

There definition of a "raked hand" seems very strict. At 1/2 it seemed like about 1 in 4/5 hands was raked. Pretty rough.

Best of luck with it. I might try for it if I had less stuff going on in the next month or two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerroom is one of the best known sites, they have been open since 1999. I like their unique look and have cleared alot of bonuses there. But if you are playing low limits, it will take you a while to clear a bonus at Pokeroom.

It will be a long haul to clear this bonus at $1-2 hold em. Depending on the time of day and things, the 1-2 tables at Pokerroom can be very tight, but at other times though they get quite loose. But this is an easy bonus to clear at $2-4 hold em, almost every pot gets a full 1 point.

I have easily cleared the last few Pokeroom reloads playing 1-2 7card stud. Stud pots are just naturally larger than hold em pots, so you usually earn more bonus points quicker. I also like that Pokeroom has the correct ante structure for stud.

Losing all
12-25-2004, 03:22 AM
After reading BW's clear rate I decided to give this a go. Their numbers are WAY off on this one, at the micro's at least (I understand bw's rates are based on 7 points per $, not the 10 per $ you need to clear with the pokerlistings bonus, still way off).

Take from this small sample what you will- .5/1., 4 tables, 2 hours, 61 points. I could be wrong, but I can't believe the games are always as loose as they were during these 2 hours, so I'll guess 100-120 hours of .5/1. to clear (4 tables). Not very good.

All that being said I've never seen better micro tables, at any site. True fishfest.

summary- Not worth it for a .5/1. or 1/2 player with limited time over the next couple months. I'm sure it's -ev for me, but I plan on logging major hours jan/feb, so maybe i'll try it with one afterthought PR table added to my normal schedule to see if that will do it.