PDA

View Full Version : Pairs, pairs and more pairs!

zephyr
12-23-2004, 10:51 PM
For those of you who don't know me, I come from an SNG background. Pocket pairs are the cash cow of hands in sng's as you often get paid off by someones whole stack when you hit your set. Against many opponents you'd call a reasonable bet preflop, heads up, even if they showed you pocket aces, as you'd fold the flop if you didn't hit your set, and take their stack if you did.

Obviously PP's need to be played differently in a limit game. Table is generally passive, but I've only been there for 10 hands. A few questions:

What should I take from UTG's limp-reraise? In an sng I'd expect him to typically have AA or KK.

I call on the flop because the pot is so huge. Correct?

What about the turn?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, Hero folds.

River: (15.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

GrunchCan
12-23-2004, 11:08 PM
It seems to me that a LRR is either a junk hand or a monster, and I had a thread about it (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=micro&amp;Number=1296055&amp;Forum =All_Forums&amp;Words=-re%3A&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=50&amp;Main=1296055&amp;Search=tr ue&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=16000&amp;daterange=1&amp;newerval=1 &amp;newertype=y&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;bodyprev=#Post12 96055) a while back. Since its the UTG player doing it, I lean towards a monster.

I don't raise 99 in the SB. I surely don't cap with it PF.

The flop call is necessary, but on the turn you should fold.

zephyr
12-23-2004, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With 5 callers, why not? I'd think that more than 20% of the pot is mine. Am I wrong here?

Zephyr

JEM7VSBL
12-24-2004, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With 5 callers, why not? I'd think that more than 20% of the pot is mine. Am I wrong here?

Zephyr

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're facing a higher PP, you're severely dominated, and just a coinflip to overcards...by capping it, the pot odds are forcing you to draw for your set, and you could have easily been drawing almost dead there...i wouldn't raise any pairs below JJ here....any other thoughts?