PDA

View Full Version : in case I'm going crazy

jdl22
12-23-2004, 10:44 PM
I'm playing the bad beat tables and they are crazy loose. There are guys playing hands like 93o and such.

I think they're just idiots without any reason at all, but I want to make sure. It is not possible to have your hand involved in the bad beat jackpot unless you have either two suited cards no more than 3 apart or a pocket pair 8 or greater right?

Lurshy
12-23-2004, 11:46 PM
in theory A8os could be involved e.g. a board like

8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

You would use the Ace as a kicker with your quads, someone else could have a str8 flush. Pretty unlikely though...

Homer
12-23-2004, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in theory A8os could be involved e.g. a board like

8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

You would use the Ace as a kicker with your quads, someone else could have a str8 flush. Pretty unlikely though...

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe one of the rules is that quads must be made with a pocket pair.

mcozzy1
12-23-2004, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. I just checked out party's website. I think you just have to use both hole cards. There's nothing on there about quads having to be a pocker pair.

Drunk Bob
12-24-2004, 12:23 AM
You should be right but take Party to court in ????.

teddyFBI
12-24-2004, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. I just checked out party's website. I think you just have to use both hole cards. There's nothing on there about quads having to be a pocker pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

they USED to have that pocket pair rule, but it looks like they got rid of it.