PDA

View Full Version : Too early for Stop and Go? Medium pair dilemna.

KHALI
12-23-2004, 07:01 PM
Is this a perfect spot for stop and go or is it too early?
Opinions and options?

Table "Rose Atoll" ($10 tournament) -- Seat 10 is the button
Seat 1: Hero (835.00 in chips)
Seat 5: Bigblind (1,315.00 in chips)
Seat 7: UTG (1,870.00 in chips)
Seat 9: UTG+1 (5,260.00 in chips)
Seat 10: Button (720.00 in chips)
Hero: Post Small Blind (30)
Bigblind: Post Big Blind (60)
Dealt to Hero [ 7s ]
Dealt to Hero [ 7h ]

Button : Raise (240)

Voltron87
12-23-2004, 07:04 PM
Fold.

Calling is not an option, what kind fo a board can fall that you like (236, YES!) or... 10 8 2... crap.

You're not SS enough to push, as you have nothing dominated. You're either a coinflip or behind.

Irieguy
12-23-2004, 07:17 PM
Well, at first glance it looks like it's too early. But, seat 9 has so many chips that you need to start thinking about how to start getting some chips for yourself if you want any chance of winning the SNG. An opportunity seems to have presented itself here. If button has a big pair, you think he'd raise less. I'm a little worried about 10 or JJ, but he's much more likely to have broadway cards or a smaller pair.

I think a stop and go is a good choice here. Quite aggressive, and pretty creative under the circumstances... I like it.

Irieguy

Marcotte
12-23-2004, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold.

Calling is not an option, what kind fo a board can fall that you like (236, YES!) or... 10 8 2... crap.

You're not SS enough to push, as you have nothing dominated. You're either a coinflip or behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be right to fold, but it seems weak tight to me. Its 5-handed. I'd probably wait until the next level to start stealing, but I wouldn't expect most other $10 players to wait. IOW, I'm not so sure you are a coinflip at best. I've seen this done with A-baby and 22-66.

That being said, there is only 90 in the pot. Is it really worth it? I like the idea of a stop and go, but do you follow through with it if an A or K flops?

Voltron87
12-23-2004, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be right to fold, but it seems weak tight to me. Its 5-handed. I'd probably wait until the next level to start stealing, but I wouldn't expect most other $10 players to wait. IOW, I'm not so sure you are a coinflip at best. I've seen this done with A-baby and 22-66.

That being said, there is only 90 in the pot. Is it really worth it? I like the idea of a stop and go, but do you follow through with it if an A or K flops?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its weak tight because 77 is... a weak hand out of position. I would say about 1/5 times if you push you are dominating to an ace out or small PP.

Seriously, there's nothing in the pot, you're in bad position with a weak hand and you have some time. Let the hand go.

syka16
12-23-2004, 10:19 PM
Fold.
With 11x BB you're not looking for a coin flip yet. Unless you think the raise represents Axs or 66. Doubt it.