PDA

View Full Version : PokerStars.com open for play money

09-11-2001, 12:08 PM
Poker Stars, the newest online cardroom, opens today for play money. Poker Stars is inviting players to help them test their software during their Beta testing period, at the end of which there will be a $5000 freeroll tournament for players who have accumulated "Frequent Player Points". Players acquire FPPs by playing in their play-money games, reporting bugs and offering software suggestions, playing in freeroll tournaments and so forth.

Freeroll No Limit Hold'em tournaments will be held tonight, Wednesday and Thursday at 9:00 pm Eastern. A limit Omaha Hi-Lo freeroll is also scheduled for Thursday.

Poker Stars has some unique features like statistics tracking, player images, a place to keep notes on opponents' play, and the tournament lobby where players' chip counts are tracked is very good. Also, the software does a good job of handling bet sizes for NL/PL games (there is big-bet Hold'em and Omaha available for play money).

Try it out at www.pokerstars.com (http://www.pokerstars.com); the link to Poker Stars is also a featured advertiser on the 2+2 website (see frame at left).

Note: I have had the opportunity to act as a pre-beta consultant for Poker Stars over the last 11 months of its development.

09-12-2001, 12:20 AM
Played in the freeroll tournament today. 50 people played. Action was very fast,graphics fine. Images cute. Experienced several disconnects but no crashes. Looks promising.

09-12-2001, 02:54 AM
I played in the freeroll as well. Unfortunately, my QQ ran into KK and I was eliminated pretty early. The worse part was that I didn't mean to call the turn bet which put me all in, but I hit the call button instead of the fold button. Oh well, at least it was free.

I like the graphics and the unique features, such as the custom player image, being able to check my personal stats, and the ability to take notes on players at the table. My only complaint is that I got disconnected twice in just over two hours of play. Once it goes to live money, I think the multi-table tournaments will be a good draw for the site.

PG

09-12-2001, 03:48 AM
Just a reminder that the posts on our forums are suppose to be (and will remain) commercial free. Even though PokerStars.com has become an advertiser on this site, and we appreciate that fact very much, your post comes awfully close to crossing that line. Please keep this in mind when making future posts about the PokerStars.com. Feel free to accurately answer any questions that other posters may have, but again please be aware that it is important to these forums that we keep the posts commercial free.

09-12-2001, 11:41 AM
Did you try to use the Time Bank option when deciding to call or fold your QQ? This is a neat feature designed, I guess, exactly for these type kind of situations.

09-12-2001, 03:32 PM
i tryed it it looks good .only when they go live we will find out . its getting crowded out there .

09-14-2001, 09:24 PM
Understood, although I thought my above post was more of an announcement that 2+2ers would appreciate than an advertisement. Please feel free to e-mail me at terrence@telus.net and let me know what you consider to be advertisement and what you consider to be announcement on 2+2 and I will do my best as a pokerstars.com promoter not to cross the line.

Terrence