PDA

View Full Version : Collateral w/ Cruise and Foxx win the award....

Sponger15SB
12-23-2004, 06:23 PM
for the most incredibly predictable movie of the year.

*yawn*

ThaSaltCracka
12-23-2004, 06:30 PM
um, I think National Treasure tops Collateral.

CWsports
12-23-2004, 06:32 PM
I just saw Collateral on DVD this morning.

Sponger15SB
12-23-2004, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
um, I think National Treasure tops Collateral.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have not seen it and have no desire to.

Didn't really want to see Collateral, however I'll give it this: Its better than sleeping.

NLSoldier
12-23-2004, 09:39 PM
Sponger wins the award.....

For worst avatar/location ever.

Sponger15SB
12-23-2004, 09:41 PM
Can anyone from Canterbury last night back me up and say that NLSoldier looks like Ethan Embry.

I mean, am I right? am I right? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

andyfox
12-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Terribly predictable Hollywood ending, but I liked the movie. I posted before, don't remember which Forum, in response to something Sklansky asked, about how much the movie reminded me of The Third Man, a classic film noir with Orson Welles in (essentially) the Tom Cruise role of a stoic, heartless killer, and Jamie Foxx in the Joseph Cotton role of bungling would-be do-gooder. I liked the give-and-take between Cruise and Foxx, especially in the scene where they visit Foxx's mom in the hospital.

But, yes, the ending was terrible. What are the chances anyway, of Foxx, who doesn't know how to use a gun and couldn't even figure out how to smash the glass doors of the building, getting the better of Cruise in a shoot-out? I guess 100% in Hollywood.

Should be a big Oscar take for Foxx, though: he'll probably get nominated for Supporting Actor in Collateral and Best Actor in Ray.

Sooga
12-23-2004, 09:49 PM
Yea up until the last 20 minutes, I loved 'Collateral'... I thought 'man, a film this good couldn't possibly have the typical Hollywooded good-guy-wins ending'.... nope, I was wrong.

I hated 'Man On Fire' for similar reasons... that too, I loved until the last few minutes of the film. If that movie had ended on the bridge, it would have been fantastic.

ThaSaltCracka
12-23-2004, 09:49 PM
Both?? Does that happen?

Sponger15SB
12-23-2004, 09:50 PM
Tom Cruise did a good job acting (as usual), I've never been a big fan of Jamie Foxx so I'm pretty biased, but he did *ok* in my mind.

Do you really think that this movie deserves any sort of oscar nomination?

Are the other movies this year really that bad?

edit - I'd like to add that by predictable ending, I meant as soon as I saw the characters I figured out how everything would tie together and end up.

brassnuts
12-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Albeit the ending sucked, the movie was still cool.

andyfox
12-24-2004, 02:29 AM
Yes, and recently: what's her name, for best actress in the movie set in the '50s with Dennis Quaid where he is her husband but homosexual, and as supporting actress in The Hours.

Also, I think I remember Pacino being nominated in both categories one year: I think for supporting actor in Dick Tracy and for best actor in Scent of a Woman.

andyfox
12-24-2004, 02:32 AM
No, it shouldn't be a contender for best movie, but the buzz is Foxx will be nominated.

deacsoft
12-24-2004, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Terribly predictable Hollywood ending,

[/ QUOTE ]

Just "terrible ending" would do.

ThaSaltCracka
12-24-2004, 03:24 AM
wow, I thought there was some sort of unwritten rule that you could only be nominated for one acting category.