PDA

View Full Version : Rake Free or Bonus?

deception5
12-23-2004, 04:24 PM
Hi all,

I noticed that there seem to be 2 ways to make extra money playing poker, one is using the site bonuses (like 20% extra for signing up at party) and the other is signing up for a rakeback. Is it possible to do both? If not do you just use a rakeback at your favorite site when you don't have any bonuses to clear, but usually play for the bonuses?

Thanks for your help!
D5

cockandbull
12-23-2004, 10:32 PM
If you sign up under for rakeback, you get the bonus as well. PM a respected poster and ask them to recommend someone to you.

harry

TenPercenter
12-24-2004, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you sign up under for rakeback, you get the bonus as well. PM a respected poster and ask them to recommend someone to you.

harry

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are the top "respected" posters would you say? I need a rakeback too.

I hang out so much that I don't know anyone in the other forums....

Ten

Freakin
12-24-2004, 06:37 PM
Check out rake rebate review (http://www.rakerebatereview.com/) . There's a lot of good rakeback affiliates listed on there. As you hopefully all know, you can't talk about specific affiliates in threads, or request rakeback deals. I'm not a respected poster, but I'll let you know who provides my rakeback in a PM (and why I chose them) if anyone is interested.

Freakin

smoore
12-24-2004, 08:11 PM
There are affiliates who have taken out classified ads on the site (top of forum listings)

TenPercenter
12-25-2004, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There are affiliates who have taken out classified ads on the site (top of forum listings)

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the rules, and why they're here. But I didn't want to make my decision based on ads. I wanted to ask the trusted members here on 2+2.

Here's a basic question: Can I even start a rakeback if I already have an account at both PP and Empire? I'd really like to keep playing at PP rather than finding another skin. Many times I play with friends in special tournaments that only appear at PP. Plus I really hate to start over with a new account if it can be avoided.

Ten

The4Aces
12-25-2004, 01:47 AM
I determine weather or not to do a bonus or rake back based on the fallowing. On my rakeback i get 20% back, so on a $3 raked hand i get $.06 ($3*10*.2) at a full table. For bonus you usually get 20% of deposit amount so if i deposit $500 and get the $100 i would need to play 500 hands (5x the amount of the bonus) in 500 hands i would get $30 with rakeback(500*.06). In this situation it is an easy decission that i should do the bonus. However situation can change based on your limits or amount of hands needed to get the bonus. This is how i have been doing it, can someone tell me if my math is wrong?

waffle
12-25-2004, 03:31 AM
Rakeback is the best option for a long term player. Nothing wrong with bonus whoring, I just recommend to have rakeback anywhere you will play a substaintial amount of hands.

TenPercenter
12-25-2004, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I determine weather or not to do a bonus or rake back based on the fallowing. On my rakeback i get 20% back, so on a $3 raked hand i get $.06 ($3*10*.2) at a full table. For bonus you usually get 20% of deposit amount so if i deposit $500 and get the $100 i would need to play 500 hands (5x the amount of the bonus) in 500 hands i would get $30 with rakeback(500*.06). In this situation it is an easy decission that i should do the bonus. However situation can change based on your limits or amount of hands needed to get the bonus. This is how i have been doing it, can someone tell me if my math is wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not good at math. What if I play 20,000 hands? Is rakeback better after that? I played 1,200 hands last night, so i can't see that it'll be much longer to play 20k.

Ten

The4Aces
12-25-2004, 04:10 AM
20k is probably better for rakeback unless you plan on going playing them on multiple sites fallowing the bonuses.

The4Aces
12-25-2004, 04:15 AM
also much depends on how many hands are needed to get back the bonus.

Rudbaeck
12-26-2004, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a basic question: Can I even start a rakeback if I already have an account at both PP and Empire? I'd really like to keep playing at PP rather than finding another skin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Need a new skin, no way around that.