PDA

View Full Version : Mac and Cheese

sfer
12-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Which do you prefer, the gooey center or the crunchy top?

For those who prefer the crunchy top, do you sprinkle some breadcrumbs on top before baking?

How do you like the center, stringy and uber-cheesey or more like a cheesier bechamel?

Mmmmmmm....

B00T
12-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Velveeta Mac + Cheese with the real cheese sauce... Eff that Kraft garbage

jakethebake
12-23-2004, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Which do you prefer, the gooey center or the crunchy top?

For those who prefer the crunchy top, do you sprinkle some breadcrumbs on top before baking?

How do you like the center, stringy and uber-cheesey or more like a cheesier bechamel?

Mmmmmmm....

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea wtf you're talking about? Crunchy top? Bread crumbs? Huh?

stabn
12-23-2004, 04:09 PM
I have no idea either. I just throw kraft in a pan, cook it, put it on a plate, and eat it. Wtf is all this other stuff.

beerbandit
12-23-2004, 04:09 PM
stouffer mac and cheese for me please

im to lazy to make homemade mac and cheese, but the few times ive had it was pretty good --- no crunch though

cheers
beer

jakethebake
12-23-2004, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
stouffer mac and cheese for me please

im to lazy to make homemade mac and cheese, but the few times ive had it was pretty good --- no crunch though

cheers
beer

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, even homemade just has a big layer of cheese on top right? Crunch?

sfer
12-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Baking --> Crunch

Baking + Breadcrumbs = Greater Crunch

Yummy.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
12-23-2004, 04:13 PM
the question is do you add bacon or sausage?

jakethebake
12-23-2004, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Now you've just turned mac & cheese into something else.

sfer
Given the choice, bacon cut extra thick.

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
Baking --> Crunch

Baking + Breadcrumbs = Greater Crunch

Yummy.

[/ QUOTE ]
I bake it and it's still just a layer of cheese. How long do you have to bake cheese to get it crunchy? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

stabn
12-23-2004, 04:15 PM
I used to drop a hot dog in it once in a while. But, i also put ketchup on mac and cheese, so i really wouldn't go around suggesting people try that short of thing.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
12-23-2004, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Now you've just turned mac & cheese into something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

you clearly havent had good mac n cheese

offTopic
12-23-2004, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just threw up in my mouth.

jakethebake
12-23-2004, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I use plain ol' Velveeta with actual Mac. No package. Then grate a layer of actual cheddar on top of it. Although, I still swear Velveeta is some kind of petroleum product. When the armageddon comes there will be nothing left except roaches, sharks, Keith Richards and Velveeta.

TimM
12-23-2004, 04:29 PM
My brother mixes sliced black olives with his mac and cheese. wtf???

sfer
12-23-2004, 04:31 PM
Odd. Usually 20-25 minutes and the top is crunchy, or at least crisp. I don't use Velveeta, however.

sfer
12-23-2004, 04:31 PM
That sounds tasty.

jakethebake
12-23-2004, 04:51 PM
Does anyone else think that instead of "Joey" they should have actually made "Mac & Cheese", which was Joey's show?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
12-23-2004, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think that instead of "Joey" they should have actually made "Mac & Cheese", which was Joey's show?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man. i would get a tv if that show was real.

Gamblor
12-23-2004, 05:31 PM
Eff that Kraft Garbage

You're clearly insane.

There isn't much better on this planet than Kraft Dinner.

jakethebake
12-23-2004, 05:35 PM
This is what makes this forum great. A statement like...

[ QUOTE ]
You're clearly insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Followed by a strong, opinionated defense of a packaged convenience food item. Awesome! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

beerbandit
12-23-2004, 05:36 PM
i think kraft dinner in canada has crown royal in the cheese packet

this changes everything completely

cheers

wayabvpar
12-23-2004, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to drop a hot dog in it once in a while. But, i also put ketchup on mac and cheese, so i really wouldn't go around suggesting people try that short of thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ketchup? Yikes! I can see a little Tabasco, but ketchup...ugh. My wife would probably love it, though /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Depends on my mood- sometimes I like the gourmet homemade stuff with a crunchy exterior, and sometimes I like good old Kraft. My fav trick in my bachelor days was to make a box of Kraft and then dump a can of chili in it. Hell, I do it sometimes now when my wife is working (and I don't feel like ordering pizza). Yummy!

B00T
12-23-2004, 05:51 PM
Kraft sucks...The only cool thing about Kraft Mac+Cheese is I bought a 6pack of it back in high school and we were all hammered and were going to cook a big potfull of it for like 4 of us. We open up the boxes and not one of them had the cheese mix in them. A mini-riot developed and one thing led to another and I ended up calling the customer service number on the back in a drunken stupor. I balled out whoever answered the phone saying they RUINED our night etc etc with people booing in the background. They said they would make it up to us (the person was laughing as I recall as we went on our tirade).

About a week later I got a check in the mail from Kraft for $50.00. I will never forget that event.

jakethebake
12-23-2004, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kraft sucks...The only cool thing about Kraft Mac+Cheese is I bought a 6pack of it back in high school and we were all hammered and were going to cook a big potfull of it for like 4 of us. We open up the boxes and not one of them had the cheese mix in them. A mini-riot developed and one thing led to another and I ended up calling the customer service number on the back in a drunken stupor. I balled out whoever answered the phone saying they RUINED our night etc etc with people booing in the background. They said they would make it up to us (the person was laughing as I recall as we went on our tirade).

About a week later I got a check in the mail from Kraft for $50.00. I will never forget that event.

[/ QUOTE ]
So they suck because they sent you $50? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Victor
12-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Cut little pieces of "New York Extra Sharp Cheddar."

Boil the pasta, preferably the medium size macaroni shells.

Mix in the cheese and tuna fish then bake in the oven with bread crumbs on top.

jakethebake
12-23-2004, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mix in the cheese and tuna fish..

[/ QUOTE ]
You should be killed.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
12-23-2004, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mix in the cheese and tuna fish then bake in the oven with bread crumbs on top.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHO THE [censored] SAID ANYTHING ABOUT TUNA??????????

sfer
12-23-2004, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mix in the cheese and tuna fish...

[/ QUOTE ]

Barf.

Six_of_One
12-23-2004, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mix in the cheese and tuna fish

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmm, tuna fish. My favorite. Even better than beef cow, not to mention bacon pig.

bdk3clash
12-23-2004, 07:05 PM
I love Kraft Mac N Cheese. There is nothing in nature that is the same color as that powdered "cheese."

Tron
12-23-2004, 09:41 PM
I'm surprised nobody has taken it to the next level and mentioned one of the greatest concoctions of all time: Easy Mac. A modern dorm room staple.

sfer
12-24-2004, 12:26 AM
Explain further please.

Lazymeatball
12-24-2004, 01:21 AM
drop macaroni, powder and water into bowl, microwave. season to taste (with S&P stolen from the caf) eat.
Make sure the plastics bowl is microwave safe, because I once ingested melted plastic, not pleasant.

edtost
12-24-2004, 04:59 PM
ez mac is perhaps the grossest food product ever. i'll never be able to understand how all the kids around me love it.

edtost
12-24-2004, 05:00 PM
crunchy top, and yes, breadcrumbs are awesome.

Phat Mack
12-24-2004, 07:51 PM
This may be hard to do on some home ranges, but after I bake it, I put some extra grated cheese on top, then stick it under the broiler for a minute or so. I watch it carefully, and pull it out as soon as it starts to turn brown.

My mac and cheese is real simple: layers of mac and grated cheddar, with some cream to give it moisture while baking. If I put ham in it, I like it to be baked ham that has been baked fairly dry. If the ham is extremely dry, I'll dredge it in mustard sauce before putting it in the casserole.

Another meat I like to put in is that dried chipped beef they sell in jars. I don't do this much anymore at my family's request, but I like it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif