PDA

View Full Version : This is why NONE of you make money on PP

09-10-2001, 11:26 PM
bunch of f*cking dumbasses

Game #108737079 - $20/$40 Hold'em - 2001/09/10-20:55:05 (CST)

Table "Jamaica" (real money) -- Seat 9 is the button

Seat 1: WAIDJR ($600.50 in chips)

Seat 2: NOXQZEZ ($1,918 in chips)

Seat 3: LastChance ($1,127 in chips)

Seat 4: JackRyan ($1,133 in chips)

Seat 5: Scott Brooks ($2,256.50 in chips)

Seat 6: pazzi ($1,685 in chips)

Seat 7: Seabiscuit ($195 in chips)

Seat 8: mr. sunshine ($667 in chips)

Seat 9: LoosePatty ($1,057 in chips)

WAIDJR : Post Small Blind ($10)

NOXQZEZ : Post Big Blind ($20)

Dealing...

Dealt to LastChance [ Ad ]

Dealt to LastChance [ Jc ]

LastChance: Raise ($40)

JackRyan: Raise ($60)

Scott Brooks: Fold

pazzi : Fold

Seabiscuit: Fold

mr. sunshine: Fold

LoosePatty: Fold

WAIDJR : Fold

NOXQZEZ : Fold

LastChance: Call ($20)

*** FLOP *** : [ 2h Ac 7s ]

LastChance: Bet ($20)

JackRyan: Call ($20)

*** TURN *** : [ 2h Ac 7s ] [ 8s ]

LastChance: Bet ($40)

JackRyan: Call ($40)

*** RIVER *** : [ 2h Ac 7s 8s ] [ 4d ]

LastChance: Bet ($40)

JackRyan: Raise ($80)

LastChance: Call ($40)

*** SUMMARY ***

Pot: $427 | Rake: $3

Board: [ 2h Ac 7s 8s 4d ]

WAIDJR lost $10 (folded)

NOXQZEZ lost $20 (folded)

LastChance lost $200 [ Ad Jc ] (a pair of aces)

JackRyan bet $200, collected $427, net +$227 (showed hand) [ 5c 6c ] (a straight, four to eight)

09-10-2001, 11:40 PM
dsgsf

09-10-2001, 11:59 PM
It was bad play all right but...Maybe he assumes draw hands are going to "make it" when higher than normal board coordination os the rule rather than the exception.

09-11-2001, 12:06 AM
Whats the point of ridiculing this player or any other weaker player.If he reads this then he will either be too embarrassed to keep playing and just quit or maybe he might take lessons,read a book-and just totally improve etc -either way means less money for you "professionals".

09-11-2001, 12:14 AM
Wait a second. You open-raised UTG with AJo? Good play.

natedogg

09-11-2001, 12:54 AM
im not sure what yer beating on the end... plus as natedogg said I dont think AJ or KQ are raisers or even playable on paradise utg in 20/40.....

09-11-2001, 03:05 AM
What was this guy htinking preflop and on the flop? See the idiots are not limited to the lower limits.

09-11-2001, 03:24 AM
We approach the game very differently: You waste energy (IMHO) by berating the play of a novice who will only supply you with profit in the long run. I would use that same energy to berate myself for playing (let alone raising) AJo UTG ;-P

09-11-2001, 07:37 AM

09-11-2001, 11:48 AM
The 2nd wprst play was calloing the flop bet, the worst play is you writting about it.

09-13-2001, 06:55 AM
What you IDIOTS AND MORONS don't get is that the software on Paradise Poker has been compromised since day one as my very good friend Neal Ross pointed nearly two years ago. Only someone who knew in advance that a straight was coming could or would play this hand in the manner reported. That Paradise Poker is a criminal enterprise is a long ago conclusion of all of us who have been blessed with a brain. Furthermore that Sklanksy and Malmuth are involved in the Paradise scam is also inarguable.

09-13-2001, 11:23 AM
Does that mean there is still a chance that Mason could end up in Clark County Jail? Hehe.

Could you check with your good friend Neal about the possible landing dates in Costa Rica for the Pan-American Strike Force that is going to storm the PP compound.

The guy didn't know the straight was coming. He had a feeling the straight was coming. Usually this feeling is gas, but not in this case.

You might want to reconsider the IDIOTS AND MORONS comment. It gives your argument that 'netkook feel, not that name dropping Neal Ross's name doesn't pencil you in that box.

Have a nice day.

MS Sunshine

09-13-2001, 10:45 PM
ho hum. another "I suffered a bad-beat; therefore PP is crooked" post.

There are no "bots" on PP or Gnomes in Zurich - just a great big burr up your arse (thats how we pronounce it in Canada!).

cheers.

09-18-2001, 02:06 AM
Although I agree that JackRyan played this hand like a total fish, if you learn to think "fish," his thought processes are transparent (in retrospect) and require no presumption of foreknowledge.

LastChance raises under the gun. JackRyan reasons, "He probably has high cards, I have low-middle suited connectors. If I can isolate him and if the flop hits me - so he re-raises - and succeeds in isolating LastChance. Horrible reasoning, I know, but typical "fishthink."

After the flop, JackRyan finds himself with 3 to a straight and a backdoor flush draw. How does a fish reason? "I have 16 chances out of 47 to improve to a four flush or an open ended straight draw on the turn, and it's only $20.00. Let's see what happens." Again, a horrible idea, but the kind of idea that makes a fish a fish.

The open ended straight draw materializes on the turn, and JackRyan says, "great, I get to see the river!" He sees the river, and the rest is history.

A very wise woman (my wife) once said, "Never attribute to evil genius what can be explained by dumb luck and stupidity." In this case, dumb luck and stupidity is clearly a more parsimonious hypothesis than foreknowledge or "Paradise is compromised."

Another wise person (my grandfather, an avid fisherman) once said, "If you want to catch fish, you've got to learn to think like a fish."