PDA

View Full Version : Can I stop myself from losing here?

lehighguy
12-23-2004, 03:20 PM
I had a horrible night of poker last night. I'm going to try and post a few hands and see if I should have played them differently. I basically looked for any hand where I lost alot of money, so theres no organization to it.

Where I can remember reads I will give them. For the most part I was sitting at tables with a ton of fish. VPIPs of 50,60, 80 etc. Stay in way to far and chase. Can be playing any two cards.

Hand 1:
Thier cold calling my raise doesn't mean they have anything respectable. Especially when it comes to the blinds.
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (17 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Hand 2:
Here I figured that I could check the turn and call down to river. If he has full house I minimize loses. If he doesn't this will encourage a bluff and I'll get paid off. Since I'm not worried about him pairing (my aces will still hold up) I figured it was the way to go. Didn't think about a gutshot.

Hand 3:
I can't imagine I check this river. I would have thought he'd raise the turn with two pair.
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB

Hand 4:
I can't imagine I check the river just because there are two 7s on the board?

Hand 5:
I figure raise turn because he probably has kings and I have aces.
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

jrobb83
12-23-2004, 03:38 PM
You didn't get all the hand in, and I'm not exactly sure which comments go with which hands. I'll address the three hands that are actually here as hand 1, 2, and 3.

In hand 1 I would fold on the turn. A check 3-bet on the turn means a hand a good deal better than one pair, and usually beats two pair.

I would lead the flop in hand 2 100% of the time. If CO was the "bet any time checked to hu" type of guy I would check-raise the turn or river if I was to check raise at any point in the hand. Plus leading on the flop in the 6max games is usually a good idea especially heads up because you will get raised with a wide variety of hands, allowing you to 3-bet, or still get in that turn check-raise.

I don't see what your question is in hand 3. Whether I would 3-bet the flop or raise the turn depends on my opponents ability to either fold to a turn raise or continue to go lagtastic on me after my flop 3-bet. I would never assume at any juncture in this hand that I am behind, if that is your question.

lehighguy
12-23-2004, 04:04 PM
Sry, computer problems are messing things up for me. Post may not make alot of sense. I'll make a more concise one later.