PDA

View Full Version : Bankroll for Sit N Go's ?

sloplynseto
12-23-2004, 02:55 PM
I have currently been playing the $10+1 Sit N Go's on Party with good success, what bankroll do I need to safely move up to the $22 or $33 level? I currently have a ROI % between 35% and 38%. I really appreciate all the info on this site, excellent stuff for a beginner like myself. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

CWolf
12-23-2004, 02:58 PM
The common recommendation is 30 buyins.

So if you want to go up to 20+2, you should have 660 in the bankroll.

But going up with 20 buyins isn't terrible, just be ready to rebuy in case you hit a really really bad streak.

CardMinger
12-23-2004, 03:16 PM
I have also read on this forum a few people who wait till they have 40 buy ins to move up a level and then move back down if they should go down to 30 buy ins.

I am currently trying this method and it has been working well so far...

If anyone has any thoughts on this method I would love to hear it.

Thanks!

El Maximo
12-23-2004, 03:31 PM
I like having a much larger bankroll than necessary. I find that variance and string after string of suckouts dont affect me as much when Im sitting on 50-100 buyins.

DonButtons
12-23-2004, 09:15 PM
I like having at least 80 buy ins for the single table buy in I play.

I think it helps, because one bad day doesnt really affect your bankroll that much, and you never have to play on scared money, or go on tilt, etc....

If your playing for the long term, 30 buy ins might now be enough. Even though I never went for a long OTM stretch, some good players on here like gigabet, went for a bad stretch of 21 OTM, so it could happen if your going to be playing 500 a month for a long time.