PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 hand

vetman81
12-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Villain is a TAG.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (6.66 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.66 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 9.66 BB

I was basically lost the entire hand. Looking back at it, against a TAG I should have probably just folded on the flop. What line should I have taken? I feel I played this hand very poorly. All comments/criticism is appreciated.

ReMMy
12-23-2004, 04:56 PM
First off, if you are going to call w/ KTs in the BB and fold a T77 flop then you shouldn't have called in the first place. The correct play is usually to checkraise and lead the turn. If you get raised on the flop you should at least call(depends on your opponent). If you get raised on the turn you will need to make a determination there, but usually fold.

JEM7VSBL
12-23-2004, 05:08 PM
from the look of the hand, my guess is MP1 had JJ or QQ. i would actually bet out the flop here, it will have the best chance of getting rid of MP3 and CO if the preflop raiser raises the flop.

DataMiner
12-23-2004, 06:30 PM
This isn't a bad flop at all. Since MP1 is a TAG, you're losing to AA (6), KK (3), QQ (6), JJ (6), TT (3), and ATs (3). You're killing AK (12), KQ (12), KJs (3), and 99 (6), and you're ahead against AQ (16) and AJ (16).

So, you're losing to 27 hands and you're beating 64 hands.

You're a 2.37:1 _favorite_ to currently have the better hand. I realize it's absurd to calculate this at the table, but precision isn't needed here. It should be clear that you have a strong chance to be the favorite on the flop.

Raise the flop. If you get 3-bet, just call. He could be 3-betting with overcards to force out MP3.

Incidentally, the river strongly suggests KK, QQ, or JJ. But you don't know that on the flop. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

N.B.: A couple things to keep in mind: HU or 3-way, many TAGs will bet the flop with AK and AQ no matter what hits. AK and AQ comprise up to 32 hands. If you're reverse dominating either of these (say, with KQ, or in this case, KT), there's a very good chance that you're currently ahead and they're drawing to at most 6 outs. Nearly every time a TAG seems to be betting the flop with AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, or 99 (36 combinations), they're betting AK or AQ instead (32 combinations).

Don't fear the high pocket pairs. Raise that flop. (And...if MP3 called with 98s, you need to make him pay for his draw. If he's holding a seven...sorry. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)