PDA

View Full Version : too much too far?

Kenshin
12-23-2004, 01:52 PM
I have difficulty with these types of hands. Did I push this one too far? I certainly believe the river bet is suspect.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 8.16 BB

bisonbison
12-23-2004, 02:05 PM
Need a read on CO for this to be near reasonable. Do you see why?

Kenshin
12-23-2004, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Need a read on CO for this to be near reasonable. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I do. I would consider pertinent information about my opponent's raising standards, willingness to bet a blank flop, and most importantly call a blank turn. That said, during the hand I operated under the assumption that he was a player in the standard 3-6 mold. Was I completely out of line?

bisonbison
12-23-2004, 02:22 PM
What is your image of a "typical" 3/6 player?

runa
12-23-2004, 02:25 PM
You essentially put him on a blind steal and spent alot of effort defending it. Once your opponent calls you down on the turn its time to slow down and probably fold the river. Your hand has little/no showdown value and your resteal failed.

EDIT: I like your name btw. No reason. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kenshin
12-23-2004, 02:32 PM
I think the "typical" 3-6 player would react to the hand in this manner.

Automatic bet on the flop after the steal raise.

Usually call the raise with an overcard or any draw.

Fold the turn on a blank.

Ugggh, I hate my decision to bet the river.

I guess his passivity threw me off during the hand; however, in retrospect, he probably played it correctly. Also the 7 on the river, reduced IMO the number of hands he could be holding.

Kenshin

PS: Thanks, Runa. Like the picture