PDA

View Full Version : PokerTracker abbreviations.

OrianasDaad
12-23-2004, 01:09 PM
Thought I'd post a list of abbreviations from Poker Tracker, since I've seen questions about them so often in my short time here.

VP$IP: Percentage of time a player voluntarily put money into the pot.

PFR%: Percentage of time a player raised pre-flop.

W$SD: Percentage of time a player won money when going to showdown.

BB/100: Big bets won per 100 hands (for PL/NL games, a big bet is defined as 2 times the big blind amount).

W$WSF: Percentage of time player won money when seeing the flop.

WtSD: Percentage of time player went to showdown when seeing the flop.

RFI%: Percentage of time player raised when they were the first one to enter the pot with this hand.

LwPC: Percentage of time player limped into an UNRAISED pot when there were previous callers.

CCPF: Number of times a raise (one or more) was cold-called preflop with this hand.

I think that covers most of the important ones.

ThaSaltCracka
12-23-2004, 01:27 PM
maybe you can list what numbers are good for each ones as well?

TY for the post too, I have been wondering about these for some time(just got PokerTracker).

OrianasDaad
12-23-2004, 03:15 PM
Good numbers depend on the type of game you are playing in. A short-handed limit game (6max) will have different "good" numbers than a full ring game. I have no idea (yet) what is "good" for NL.

Most of these numbers require a very large sample of hands, as well (10,000+). VP$IP is the one that comes together pretty quickly, as well as PFR%.

For 10-handed limit games, you want to aim for:

VP$IP less than 20%.
PFR greater than 5%
Post-flop aggression greater than 1.5.
W$SD% above 54%.

Mabye someone can provide some info for NL and shorthanded.

PE101
12-23-2004, 04:01 PM
Thanks. This makes much more sense than what I made up /images/graemlins/grin.gif (Although mine are more fun.)

I'll have to actually print this one.

ThaSaltCracka
12-23-2004, 04:33 PM
thanks!

Dave H.
12-23-2004, 04:38 PM
Many thanks for your post. I'm adding this to my list of Favorite Threads!

Dave H.
12-23-2004, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
VP$IP less than 20%.
PFR greater than 5%
Post-flop aggression greater than 1.5.
W$SD% above 54%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do I find Post-flop aggression? I didn't see it in the list.

cockandbull
12-23-2004, 10:41 PM
more details. its just to the left of the screen about half way up.

AKQJ10
12-24-2004, 01:54 AM
A hearty thank you to Orianas for volunteering to maintain the Hold 'em forums FAQ! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just kidding, but seriously thank you for this. And seriously, this does belong in an FAQ so that we're not endlessly bumping this post in the Beginners forum. And seriously, i would be willing to contribute to a collaborative volunteer effort to set up an FAQ. I haven't even looked; do any of the HE forums have one? I know some of the tournament ones do.

ThaSaltCracka
12-27-2004, 05:28 PM
SSHE has a faq.

jackaaron
12-30-2004, 05:38 PM
These stats may be important, however, you don't really look at these to influence the next time you play do you? For example, you don't say to yourself, "Oh no, my VP$IP is a little high, I'd better not put too much in the pot this game." Right? Because, you might be getting a lot of hands, or a lot of situations that actually warrant putting up some money...it seems that knowing what to do in each situation makes you better rather than looking to, for example, raise your PFR (especially if you aren't getting any cards). /images/graemlins/confused.gif