PDA

View Full Version : Heads up at the end

Absolution
12-23-2004, 12:38 PM
I am getting a lot of 2nd place finishes lately even when I'm the chip lead going into heads up play at the end of a low buy SnG. Usually we are at about 100/200 with 10000 in chips split between us. I have won some of these in the past, but I've lost the last 4 in a row. That's not really statistically significant, but regardless I'm not sure how to play in this situation.

I've tried being super loose and aggressive, but I seem to get called a lot with the 2nd best hand. I basically try to steal a lot of blinds, raise with pretty much any face or suited. It usually just turns into a pissing war with us coming over the top again and again.

I've also tried a more conservative approach. I'm still fairly loose, but I'm more selective and don't steal as much. In that case I'm more dependant on cards though.

And then, there's always the all in on anything resembling a hand. Since I'm going to have the best hand 50% of the time and the blinds are huge it's not terrible. Not really strategy though.

I'm lost.

ChrisV
12-23-2004, 08:11 PM
With that kind of stack depth, look to play postflop more. A typical opponent will be more at sea postflop.

syka16
12-23-2004, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am getting a lot of 2nd place finishes lately

[/ QUOTE ]

How many out of how many are we talking about?