PDA

View Full Version : "props" to 6-max multitablers (low content)

Guy McSucker
12-23-2004, 11:13 AM
To all you guys and gals who regularly play 4+ tables of 6-max:

you have my undying respect.

I was up for that reload bonus on Party this week, but with one thing and another ended up having only a few hours to get 1400 raked hands in. So I thought, I know, I'll play 4 tables of $1/2 6-max.

Couldn't keep up. At all. I had literally no idea what was happening on any of the tables, folded when I should raise, raised when I should fold, didn't notice when a table got to heads-up and haemorrhaged money folding my SBs over and over again in a two man game, etc. etc.

How anyone can do this regularly, and at non-micro stakes, I will never understand. Schneids 8-tabling 10/20 just seems superhuman.

You guys rock.

Guy.

MAxx
12-23-2004, 12:25 PM
i dont know how either. i can do three 5/10 short tables if i am in the right mood... usually i am most comfortabe with 2-tabling 5/10 short. As of recently, I have been 4tabling... 2 5/10 shorts with 2 5/10 fulls. That about taps me out. How anyone could 8 table shorts, is beyond my scope of vision.

Guy McSucker
12-23-2004, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

As of recently, I have been 4tabling... 2 5/10 shorts with 2 5/10 fulls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eek!

Don't you find yourself playing too LAG at the full tables, or too tight at the short tables? Or is your strategy for the games kinda similar anyway? If so, how much of a problem do you think that is?

I am reminiscing on the days when I used to play two tables of NL Hold'em and two of PL Omaha. Boy, did that lead to some mistakes!

Guy.

chezlaw
12-23-2004, 01:49 PM
It gets easier with practce. I found 3/4 tabling very hard at first, fairly sure I was playing losing poker for the first 100 hours or so. As well as lots of confused mistakes, I used to get in silly situations like calling from the big blind in a multiway pot, seeing a flop I liked but having no idea who raised. I find it fairly easy now, keep trying and you will get used to it.

As an ageing ageist I reckon that 20 years ago I could have 8 tabled without breaking sweat.

chez

Trix
12-23-2004, 02:05 PM
I´ve been 4 tabling 1/2 aswell.

I have 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in BB 3way or so.

Flop 6x6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif or so. I bet and get called by SB.

Turn Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif, he bets and I just call.

River 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Almost folded here, but called anyway without noticing that i filled.

4 tables is much fun, but I miss alot when I do it.

-Syk-
12-23-2004, 02:24 PM
A lot of people have two large screens which can hold 4 tables on each monitor without overlapping. I'm sure it's much easier with those.

ctv1116
12-23-2004, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

4 tables is much fun, but I miss alot when I do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It gets old and becomes a grind VERY quickly.

daryn
12-23-2004, 02:40 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
A lot of people have two large screens which can hold 4 tables on each monitor without overlapping. I'm sure it's much easier with those.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am actually a big fan of the overlap. i 4-table 10/20 6 max on my laptop. i like the fact that when the action is on the table jumps to the front. i am at the point now where i find 4-tabling boring, but i have no desire to up the # of tables. instead i just do other things while i play like tv, internet, irc etc.

MAxx
12-23-2004, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As of recently, I have been 4tabling... 2 5/10 shorts with 2 5/10 fulls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eek!

Don't you find yourself playing too LAG at the full tables, or too tight at the short tables? Or is your strategy for the games kinda similar anyway? If so, how much of a problem do you think that is?

I am reminiscing on the days when I used to play two tables of NL Hold'em and two of PL Omaha. Boy, did that lead to some mistakes!

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I approach the games differently. I am playing two different games at the same time. There are similarities of course, but you cannot play them the same as you obviously know.

When I click over to a 6max screen, I am playing 6 max... I never get confused and think I am at a full ring or versa-vice.

Guy McSucker
12-23-2004, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

When I click over to a 6max screen, I am playing 6 max... I never get confused and think I am at a full ring or versa-vice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then props to you too!

Amazing. My brain just can't handle that kind of context-switch, it seems. Oh dear, is 32 really that old? And does it make me sound appropriately parentally-hip to use the word "props" so frequently? As a new father I am trying to perfect the embarrassing-attempts-at-youthful-hip as quickly as possible.

Big up respect to the two plus two massive.

Guy.

aslowjoe
12-23-2004, 03:24 PM
The jury is still out on the 4th table for me. Last week this hand maybe suggested that 4 was to much

on the button 88
3 to the flop
Flop 3 6 7
checked to me bet SB raises BB calls I call
turn Q
SB bets BB raises I call(open end str8 and over pair) SB calls
River 9, SB bets BB raises I raise SB fold BB calls.
I couldn't figure out why my str8 lost to two pair.

Most of the time I stick to three tables now. How many other less obvious mistakes was I making.
Joe

TwoNiner
12-23-2004, 06:39 PM
I've got two screens but I gotta have them overlap a little as well so they pop up for me. I just surf on the other screen.

Michael Davis
12-23-2004, 09:44 PM
Interestingly, I had no problems playing 8 tables on just my laptop by using the nView multiple desktop feature and tabbing between them using Alt-Z.

A few days ago, I finally set up a second monitor (not the superstar monitor people here have). I cannot get adjusted to moving my eyes back and forth and have been folded a few times, which never happened before. I'm thinking of going back to one screen but I'll give it a few days.

And yes, four tables is easy.

-Michael

pfkaok
12-24-2004, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Interestingly, I had no problems playing 8 tables on just my laptop by using the nView multiple desktop feature and tabbing between them using Alt-Z.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very, very odd, I must say... 5 was my limit for one monitor, and even when I first got 2 screens I had a lot of trouble with 6-7 before I got monitors that could have no overlap. With 2 screens at 16x1200, 8 games became normal relatively quickly. When I can always see the part of my screen that will show if its my turn to act then I can focus on that game for a few seconds to get a grasp of the situation at that table, but the clicking back and forth on different games was driving me nuts.

Fabian
12-24-2004, 04:39 PM
I, like everyone else, found multitabling shorthanded quite stressful at first, but you get used to it very quickly.

However, a few days ago I was playing 4 tables of 15/30 with just 2-4 players (on the 10 seat tables that is) and for some reason I had a VERY difficult time to keep up, much more difficult than on the 10/20 max tables which is not a problem at all. I don't know why this happened, it might have had something to do with it being my first time playing on eurobet, but it's basically the same so I doubt it. It was a disturbing experience nontheless, to feel I simply couldn't keep up.