PDA

View Full Version : I dont work for Truepoker but........

09-08-2001, 10:34 PM
I have been playing there for some time now and there are many reasons to consider playing there.

1. the games are just softer than paradise, its not close, just much easier.

2. if the server crashes after the river is called down, the winning hand if still paid and the losers do not lose any money. This alone has happened to me about 5 times, and saved me about 700 clams.

3. the cashouts are so dam quick. I have cashed out about 5 times, and each time I get an overnight fedex in about 2 days. I said 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. They have 24 live host there, this is very nice when problems come up. They are really trying to make the site as good as possible.

Now lets be fair there are some things I hate about this site so here they are.

1. The games, because of needing to actually pick up your cards to see them, are just slow, much slower than paradise.

2. Not much action during the day, but usually 2 10-20 games during the evening (NY time).

3. When you get a hand history, you can not see the other guys called hand on the river unless they actually turn the cards over during play. I complained about this to management, but they just dont understand that a called hand is considered public informaton everywhere else in the poker world.

Anyway the site is pretty dam good, and if you are a loose player who likes to gamble give it a try. If you are a rock seeing 20% of the flops I was only kidding and am prob. crazy.

09-08-2001, 11:27 PM
Skeptic

I absolutely agree with you. I have done very well there.

Let's try to make it better though. My only two objections are identical to yours and I have written TruePoker support about them. First, the games are too slow. Supposedly they are going to be sped up with boxes like Paradise so you can click your action in ahead of time. I also think Truepoker should review whether to allow players to click to look at their cards, instead of just displaying them like the other online sights. While its kind of neat to look at your cards, just like in a real game, it seriously slows the game down. And its especially annoying when the "pros" wait for the action to get to them in a full ring game, and then look at their hand and decide what to do. That's not you, is it?

Also, their hand histories are terrible. What use is a hand history if you can't see the called hand? Its absolutely ridiculous. I am a strong advocate of the retaining the right to see a called hand at showdown and have written quite a bit about this in other forums.

I have written two letters to Truepoker about the hand history and get mixed responses. At this point, I have received word that they are strongly considering changing the hand histories to be like the other sights where you can see the called hands. I encourage you to continue to write TruePoker letters regarding improving their site. I will as well and maybe we can pressure them to make it even better (for us and them). They are small and I think they might even be listening.

P.S. Don't ever mention TruePoker on this forum again. What's wrong with you /images/smile.gif

Joeflex

09-09-2001, 12:13 AM
You both work for TruePoker.

What in the world are you talking about? The games are not softer at TruePoker. They're the exact same players as play on Paradise. I've played at Truepoker about 5 times and in the 10-20 games, several are playing Paradise as well. TruePoker has the same animals playing as anywhere. Calling raises heads-up with position to steal the pot from you when you blink, jumping at any opportunity to bluff. These are tough players, no different from Paradise. And the games normally have less than 30% looking at flops- that's the blinds and the attacker of the blinds, three-way. Yeah! Great game!

And even if they were softer, how slow can an online game be? Joeflex is right. These players wait for their turn and then look at their cards so they don't give any tells away. Every round! Each hand takes over twice as long as a Paradise hand. That's frustrating after playing with the speed of the other online sites!

Neat graphics but I'd rather watch paint dry.

You both work for TruePoker and should be ashamed of yourselves.

09-09-2001, 12:42 AM
lol

You really dont think that do you, I think my post was pretty fair and accurate. Thank you for the laugh anyway.

Truepokerhostskeptic, no no no I meaan just sceptic!

09-09-2001, 01:30 AM
"When you get a hand history, you can not see the other guys called hand on the river unless they actually turn the cards over during play."

Hmmm, I think I would actually prefer it this way. The ease with which opponents can see hands you didn't show is one of the things I least like about online poker. With all due respect, I'm guessing that if you really think about all the ramifications, you might agree. Think of it this way: Do you want to pit your hand reading skills against the other guy's, or simply trade perfect information? Remember, your opponents are under the same "handicap" you are in not being able to look up what hand you played.

That said, I do think you should of course be able to email support to ask them to assess the hand with regard to possible collusion. And you should be allowed to see the hand at some point, but not as easily as you can at other sites.

09-09-2001, 02:06 AM
I understand your point, and you make alot of sence, but that is not poker. If I call a hand, either I have the right to see the cards or I dont. I enjoyed your pov anyway , and thank you for your reply.

09-09-2001, 02:47 PM
Yep Yep Yep.

I've played at TruePoker. The games are softer than Paradise. The games are slower than Paradise. I didn't much like having to click to see my cards (Carpal Tunnel, don't ya know) and didn't find much "tell" value in others doing so, except that it does make it easier to spot an absolute poker novice very quickly.

I won a little during my trial period. The cash out was fast.

I quit playing there BECAUSE they do not show called hands in the hand history. If they change that, I will play there again. The players themselves are the first line of defense against collusion (Mason Malmuth has said something to that effect).

09-11-2001, 08:34 AM
None of the preceding posters work for TruePoker but I do. Part of my job is being an onsite Host and part of it is following what is posted about TruePoker in this newsgroup. Your input is extremely important to us. TruePoker is always seeking ways to improve and we appreciate your comments, criticisms, and suggestions.

Regarding slowness due to the requirement to “pick up” hands to look at them. We believe it is more true to the real life situation than having the cards face up for each player. Unless we get a large response to the contrary we will probably leave it as is.

There is a commitment from management to modify our play logs to show mucked cards on the river. When the idea was first presented we agreed to do it. Several players were told we would do it as soon as the developers can get to it, and we will do it.

Regarding the statement that other writers in this thread are plants from TruePoker, we identify ourselves as being with TruePoker when we post here or in other newsgroups. We don’t use props or bots in our games. This is all for the same reason, credibility and integrity are of utmost importance to us and to success in the online poker business.

TrueHost Ben

09-18-2001, 09:20 PM
I also emailed support about the mucked called hand on the end issue. No reply.