PDA

View Full Version : What to do when your affiliate goes awol

ipp147
12-23-2004, 06:16 AM
Long story short,

I signed up to empire poker through an affiliate that posted on this site. I have received nothing so far (3 months) and the poster hasn't posted for around a month and doesn't answer any PM's.

What do I do now,

sign up through another skin with another affiliate (can't do party - interpoker perhaps)?

contact empire and ask if they can/will make contact or if I can change my affiliate?

something else?

TylerD
12-23-2004, 06:23 AM
Name and shame him/her, then sign up for PokerNow or Party.

DBowling
12-23-2004, 07:35 AM
I agree on "outting" the person, but dont bother contacting empire, as they dont allow people to give rakebacks. Now that i think about it, you could contact empire just to get the plug pulled on this affiliate's deal. As long as its not the same affiliate as mine /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ipp147
12-23-2004, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Name and shame him/her, then sign up for PokerNow or Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

There may be a geniune reason why I have not got my rakeback from this person and they may not be posting here recently for a reason so if anyone knows the poster and can get them to contact me then much appriciated. The poster was loz colbert.

In the meantime I will look at pokernow/multipoker/intertops affiliates.

MicroBob
12-23-2004, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What to do when your affiliate goes awol

[/ QUOTE ]

hunt them down and kill them??

Seriously, there's nothing you can do.
Reporting it to empire is contra-indicated. You might get that person in trouble....but you could very well get yourself in trouble too. remember that rake-back is not allowed on party or skins (it seems you might not have known this).

Stop playing on this skin as he is continuing to make money off of you and that's the last thing you want.

And find a better affiliate on a different skin.Go to intertops or coral-eurobet.
By stopping play entirely on empire you may get the occasional comeback bonus for $100 reloads, etc. Be aware that when you are clearing a bonus on that skin your affiliate does not make any money off of you. So you can return for the bonuses all you like without worry of giving the affiliate-scammer what he wants.

I've been stiffed by affiliates too.
have learned that getting a recommendation or two is a half-way decent policy.