PDA

View Full Version : Flop a 4 flush, should I of called? I have 72s!

Schizo
12-23-2004, 01:41 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

I'm getting the odds to call if my flush is good, but with all these people, I am worried it may not be good.

bdk3clash
12-23-2004, 01:59 AM
This is all fine. You can worry about whether your flush is any good when you get 3-bet on the river or whatever.

EDIT: I'm undecided about your flop bet, but I'm probably results oriented because it got raised by someone in early-ish position, which isn't really what you wanted to happen.

Richard Berg
12-23-2004, 02:05 AM
Flop bet looks bad in retrospect but that's results-oriented as bd3 said. I do think checking is better; no chance that juicy flop will be checked around in a family pot, and you have neither the position nor the cards to make a move on the field.

I don't like the turn call. 9.5:2 is pretty thin to begin with -- now subtract off the rake, the fact that both villians got aggressive when the board paired, the chance it will be 3-bet behind you, and the low rank of your flush cards.

Alexthegreat
12-23-2004, 02:07 AM
check raise the flop, check raise the turn if you miss...make your flush on the river and check raise again

It's awesome

actually, just check-call the turn, it's better....

bdk3clash
12-23-2004, 02:09 AM
The texture of this board makes it unlikely that someone is now full, though I might be cautious if the river was the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I think you are in a good position to collect around 2 bets on the river if you hit your flush, so I think you have an easy turn call.

Obviously the action here should have been stopped on the turn decision once UTG+1 raises, since I know that UTG doesn't 3-bet.

Schizo
12-23-2004, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The texture of this board makes it unlikely that someone is now full, though I might be cautious if the river was the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Nobody raised PF.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are in a good position to collect around 2 bets on the river if you hit your flush, so I think you have an easy turn call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even considering Richard Berg's comments on the turn?

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously the action here should have been stopped on the turn decision once UTG+1 raises, since I know that UTG doesn't 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know this?

No sign of KK, and QQ. But K6 and Q6 are possible, but unlikely. Is this your reasoning?