PDA

View Full Version : Hand of the hour

FrankLu99
12-23-2004, 01:19 AM
Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero ??

Your thoughts

Grisgra
12-23-2004, 02:25 AM
Hero bets with his straight flush draw and his Ace. Silly. And Hero SHOULD have bet the flop.

And if he misses on the river, he bets the river anyway, because callers are probably chasing flushes/straights as well. Half the time you'll pick it up on one of those bets, and that's all the odds you need to make it profitable.

felson
12-23-2004, 04:58 AM
Yeah, why no flop bet?

p.s. Not too many exciting hands that hour, eh? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

naphand
12-23-2004, 07:12 AM
This is not the FrankLu99 of old.

pfkaok
12-23-2004, 07:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And if he misses on the river, he bets the river anyway, because callers are probably chasing flushes/straights as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree you gotta bet the flop, and if it gets HU, then definately the turn, and even if they both call the flop bet you still probably bet the turn... as far as the river though, I don't like betting that, what hands are you trying to fold? I doubt that he's folding a pair or a big A no matter what comes on riv, and I don't see how you could be a favorite to win if your river bet gets called. If they're both in on the river then a bet is awful I think, as those low cards are very likely to have paired at least one of the blind hands.

Grisgra
12-23-2004, 01:48 PM
If they both hang around until the river, and it's a blank, then I'd *probably* check it. But if it's just one guy, it's very likely that he was waiting around with a draw.

Actually, given I have A-high here, I probably check the river through hoping to win the showdown. But if I didn't, I'd definitely bet against one caller, chase out something like the K /images/graemlins/club.gif.

FrankLu99
12-23-2004, 05:50 PM
My thoughts:
I didnt bet the flop because I expected everyone else to expect me to bet. If someone hit a pair I would get check raised because I have been bluffing/value betting all hour (and showed them too)!
With 3 other players that did not respect any of my bets or raises I figure to get at least 2 callers (wosrst case scenario). I also felt that my hand was not the best (the blinds will not fold any pair to me). I checked the turn because I expect my oppoenents to realize that my flop check was out of weakness especially with that kind of flop. A turn bet would also get called by any pair or draw (even overcard draws) I see players doing this a lot against me because I bluff/raise/cap so much (and show).

Results:
<font color="white"> River comes the 4c. I make the straight flush, all opponents check, I bet and I get 2 callers, both with pairs and neither has a flush. Am I shocked? No. Should I have value bet the flop? maybe. </font>

Another hand $1/2 table. (5 players)
I have been playing very aggressive and stealing a lot of pots.

I am the button. UTG &amp; UTG+1 both fold, hmm I wonder why maybe because they know I will raise. I have 36o and see a prime opportunity to steal - I raise. SB folds BB calls.

Flop 2c 5d 8c. BB checks. I bet, BB raises... my action?

(This post has been edited to reflect the fact that I suspect that 36o is not a good hand to steal with especially against $1/2 players that have seen my show bluffs)

I am looking for flop/turn comments.

TazQ
12-23-2004, 05:54 PM
Raising with 36o is bad. It is even worse at a 1/2 table. When you've been playing very aggressively "stealing lots of pots" for the session this play does just the opposite of what you think (from what I inferred from your post).

The only time to do this is when you've been playing VERY tight, and the blinds over respect your raises and don't defend enough. A case might be made when their WSD is &gt;25%. Even then I'm not sure I like it much when advertising does little at 1/2.

Remember, these guys suck and call with anything, including after the flop. Just play your better than average hands and pound out those value bets. No need to go overboard in order to make that 3.5 BB/100 at these tables.

FrankLu99
12-23-2004, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is not the FrankLu99 of old.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am still the same crazy, cap-loving, over-aggressive maniacal FrankLu99 of the past.

btw I LOVE TO CAP

wheelz
12-23-2004, 05:57 PM
This is 1/2, and you say you've been raising a ton. It's very unlikely the blinds are going to fold to you, and when they call, you've just put in money unecessarily with 36o. I don't like it.

ie. what TazQ said.

FrankLu99
12-24-2004, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raising with 36o is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see the professionals do it all the time on tv. I saw some poker show on the travel channel and Chris Moneymaker, the 2003 WSOP ME champ, went all in against a bet with something not that much better on a total bluff. He got the guy to fold the better hand.

wheelz
12-24-2004, 04:09 AM
My bad... guess I didn't see this episode.

I retract my comment.

pfkaok
12-24-2004, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I see the professionals do it all the time on tv. I saw some poker show on the travel channel and Chris Moneymaker, the 2003 WSOP ME champ, went all in against a bet with something not that much better on a total bluff. He got the guy to fold the better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point... and I saw one where Vince van patten said that Phil Ivey is his hero after he re-raised preflop with some junk like that and took a pot down. I want to be Vince's hero