PDA

View Full Version : Two AK Hands against "the house" at the Stone

W. Deranged
12-23-2004, 01:11 AM
5/10 at Turning Stone
Hero in the 3 seat. Opponent in question is in seat 1 and is a seemingly loose player, but I hadn't seen much of him in hand 1. He later mentioned being a manager in the baccarat room, if that gives anyone any information about anything.

Hand 1:

Hero is MP with AKo.
Pre-Flop: two folds to "the house," who raises. Fold to Hero, who three-bets. All fold to "the house," who calls. Two to the flop for ~7 small bets.

Flop: 10 9 3, two spades.
"The house" bets, Hero raises, "The house" calls.

Turn: 2, no spade.
"The house" checks, Hero checks.

River: J, no spade.
"The house" bets, Hero folds. (?????)

Hand 2:

Hero is UTG+1 with AKo. "The house" is big blind.

Pre-Flop: 1 fold to Hero who raises. Folded to "the house" in BB, who calls. Two to the flop for ~4 SB.

Flop: K 9 8, all spades.

"The house" checks, Hero checks (???)

Turn: 5 of hearts

"The house" checks, Hero bets, "the house" calls.

River: 5 of diamonds.

"The house" bets, (???), Hero raises, "the house" calls.

I think the second hand is an obvious combination of tilt and fancy play syndrome on my part.

MrFeelNothin
12-23-2004, 01:27 AM
Hand 1, I often bet this turn, but if I check it this is a MUST call on the river. Your opponent could have connected with the J, but he could also be betting because he senses weakness. Definitely a call, you are ahead a good portion of the time.

Hand 2, I think you know that this is a bet on the flop. Rest of the hand looks good.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-23-2004, 02:30 AM
In Hand 1, if he is loose I will check the turn and call the river. If he is tight I will bet the turn and check the river through, or fold the river if he bets.

Bet the flop in hand 2.