PDA

View Full Version : I folded TP on the flop, was it weak?

eric5148
12-22-2004, 09:03 PM
Party 3/6, no reads on anyone.

I'm in CO with Q /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif.

MP3 open-limps after a long pause, I limp, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop comes 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB bets, BB folds, MP3 raises, I fold.

I'm thinking that this board is uncoordinated, only 64 and 86 could have a draw. I just had this feeling that MP3 was either slowplaying a monster preflop, or hit a set.

billuhbong
12-22-2004, 09:13 PM
not a bad fold, better to be safe than sorry. he coulda limped something like 88 or 99 and in that situation i'd probably raise the sb too, i think u made the best choice.

Nick C
12-22-2004, 09:15 PM
The pot is small, it's two bets to you, and, although you're probably ahead of SB, you could easily be drawing thin against MP3.

I think the fold is fine.

Reef
12-22-2004, 09:35 PM
I agree with the fold, in general, unless this guy is an ultra agro maniac

Malcom Reynolds
12-22-2004, 10:07 PM
I prefer raising preflop here.

There's no reason to believe that MP3 has anything other than top pair here. A long pause preflop usually means he's getting back from the restroom. Better top pairs usually raise preflop, KQ or AQ. You have a backdoor flush draw and the J outs if you are behind, plus a reasonable chance to be ahead unless MP3 is known to be passive.

I like calling or 3-betting here depending on how passive/aggressive MP3 is. If they continue to pump the flop, then you may have to lay this down on the turn unimproved with no further clubs.

Edit: It's a small pot, so folding can't be terrible, but I still think that there is a reasonable chance you are ahead.