PDA

View Full Version : ATo - Questionable play

Anders_G
12-22-2004, 07:13 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Pretty average Party 2/4 game I'd say. No reads on the limper or the blinds.

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

I thought any A or K would give me the best hand, i think the semi-bluff on the flop is ok.
I should have raised the turn, does anyone disagree with that?
Any ideas about the river?

Thanks.

Danenania
12-22-2004, 07:18 PM
Looks good until the river though your flop raise is less a semi-bluff raise and more a free card raise. If you think this particular player is likely to 3-bet you shouldn't raise.

Bet the river.

Anders_G
12-22-2004, 07:32 PM
I thought it could serve both purposes, as it would probably make any pocket-pair fold.

Fabian
12-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Preflop and flop is good. Raise the turn, you have the best hand. Bet the river, you have the best hand.

Rudbaeck
12-26-2004, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop and flop is good. Raise the turn, you have the best hand. Bet the river, you have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to the Swede!

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Call the turn and call the river, or bet the river if he checks. I don't really feel like paying off a turn 3-bet to AQ or AJ.

Fabian
12-27-2004, 07:11 AM
Why do you think villain has AQ or AJ? For starters he called preflop.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-27-2004, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you think villain has AQ or AJ? For starters he called preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people limp these hands preflop. Also, when you look at the action up through the turn I think it's fairly likely that Villain has AQ, AJ, or QJ (maybe Q3s), as opposed to a hand Hero beats. And again, if you raise the turn and Villian only has one pair Q's or J's, he will either just call down or he will fold. If he has two pair or better, he will either call down or 3-bet. By just calling the turn, you lose less when you're behind and make more when you're ahead.