PDA

View Full Version : A9 steal-raise

Anders_G
12-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB is TAG, no reads on BB.

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Should the hand have been played differently in any way? Any input would be appreciated, thank you.

Danenania
12-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Looks good. It sucks to take so much heat with a 9 kicker but some players go nuts in heads-up situations. This is definitely a call down.

Anders_G
12-22-2004, 10:36 PM
In discussion about the hand on IRC the idea of folding against the cap-raise on the flop came up. Does anyone have any comments on that?

eric5148
12-22-2004, 11:11 PM
Fold after the cap? No, you've got enough in the pot at that point to at least see a turn card.

I'd fold the turn unimporoved. Yeah, a few people are over-aggro HU, but usually not if they cap it.

billuhbong
12-23-2004, 12:01 AM
call it down.. wutd he have btw probalby two pair a7?

StellarWind
12-23-2004, 02:41 AM
Once you see this flop you must showdown your hand except possibly if two more hearts come. You have no read that could justify the extreme step of folding such a good hand heads up.

You have three reasonable plans:

Basic - what you did. 3-bet the flop and call him down from there.

Aggressive - Call the checkraise and raise the turn.

Modified aggressive - Call the checkraise and raise the turn unless a heart comes.

Use whichever one seems to best fit your opponent. Basic is fine with no read but I wouldn't criticize any of them. Against a known passive opponent a fourth plan might be good: just call it down after being checkraised.

me454555
12-23-2004, 03:16 AM
I'd rather call the c/r on the flop and raise the turn. I think thats a better line b/c it doesn't reveal the strenth of your hand and allows your opponent a chance to bluff. I know there are 2 hearts on the board but I'm not as concerned about the flush draw heads up.

Fabian
12-26-2004, 07:30 PM
I like this line more than calling the flopraise and raising the turn. If I comfortably could fold to the turn 3-bet I'd choose that line, but with this hand I definately won't fold.

Folding the flop is absolutely ridiculous. Folding the turn is not quite as ridiculous but this needs to be shown down.

Rudbaeck
12-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Oh, post with lots of food for thought!