PDA

View Full Version : Two pair staring a straight in the face

Hallett
12-22-2004, 05:18 PM
Given that calling a raise out of the BB with this hand was a total mistake, how should the rest of this hand be played? My intention was to fold to a raise on the turn, but there was no raise.....figured if anyone had the straight by the river, they would have had it on the turn already, so again, I would fold to a raise.

UTG+1 is very tight and passive, which makes the pre-flop call a disasterous idea. I would like to say I was drunk, but it was 10AM, and I only had lots of coffee in me.

MP3 is VERY loose and aggressive.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-22-2004, 05:24 PM
It looks fine except for the preflop call.

You have a clear value bet on the river.

Hallett
12-22-2004, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It looks fine except for the preflop call.

You have a clear value bet on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

For what its worth, he called the raise pre-flop with T /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif and flopped the straight. I guess he got as many bets out of me as possible.....

rewt75
12-22-2004, 05:58 PM
He flopped a straight draw, not a straight. Looks good the way you played it though aside from the PF call. Be happy you didn't lose more money.

Hallett
12-22-2004, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He flopped a straight draw, not a straight. Looks good the way you played it though aside from the PF call. Be happy you didn't lose more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, he turned it. I guess he figured I had AQ. I was lucky.