PDA

View Full Version : Suckin' Out is g00000000t

private joker
12-22-2004, 04:41 PM
Once he capped the flop I put him on AK, so I loved the suckout. But I'm not crazy about how I played this hand, especially the turn and river. Thoughts?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 20.25 BB

Entity
12-22-2004, 04:56 PM
I think this hand is fine. I'd play it exactly the same way -- what did you dislike? The river checkraise is sweeeeeeeeet (since you trap the BB).

private joker
12-22-2004, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this hand is fine. I'd play it exactly the same way -- what did you dislike? The river checkraise is sweeeeeeeeet (since you trap the BB).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering if I should bet the turn since I picked up the nut flush draw. Also, the check-raise was sweet but I was only 85% sure the button would bet into me. How much would this suck if he checked it through? But what if I bet out the river, do you think I could have gotten button to raise and thus I could 3-bet?

Entity
12-22-2004, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering if I should bet the turn since I picked up the nut flush draw. Also, the check-raise was sweet but I was only 85% sure he would bet into me. How much would this suck if he checked it through? But what if I bet out the river, do you think I could have gotten him to raise and thus I could 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
He 3-bet you preflop and capped the flop -- he doesn't have AQ or AJ here. That said, you've got either 9 or 11 outs, depending on what he's holding, which would put you at around 3.6:1, and with only two more players in, I really can't see a bet being good. You're drawing to beat Button here so hand protection isn't really important if BB is calling with a gutshot.

Since you check-called the turn (as I think you should), the river check-raise seems 100% obvious. Button will bet this river at least 90% of the time, so 90% of the time you gain 4 bets, vs. 100% of the time gaining 2 bets (I think he rarely raises a river bet here), so I think checkraising is definitely the plan, stan.

Rob