PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 ... interesting board

adamstewart
12-22-2004, 03:06 PM
There's a lot of potential with this board...

Critique my play, please:

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.16 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.16 BB

MHarris
12-22-2004, 03:20 PM
Any reads, particularly on the BB?

pudley4
12-22-2004, 03:22 PM
Again, standard.

Preflop raise is correct.

Flop bet is fine - you have overcards (although a T may not be good) plus a gutshot, plus only 2 opponents. A bet here frequently takes it down. You have to call the checkraise.

Turn - Now you have top pair. Can't fold because he may just have a 9, and if he has 2pr you still have outs.

River - You just beat any flopped 2 pr hand. However you can't raise because he may have a 7, he may have T9, or some other goofy full house.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

adamstewart
12-22-2004, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Again, standard.

Preflop raise is correct.

Flop bet is fine - you have overcards (although a T may not be good) plus a gutshot, plus only 2 opponents. A bet here frequently takes it down. You have to call the checkraise.

Turn - Now you have top pair. Can't fold because he may just have a 9, and if he has 2pr you still have outs.

River - You just beat any flopped 2 pr hand. However you can't raise because he may have a 7, he may have T9, or some other goofy full house.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, that was refreshing. This was exactly my thought process here.

Thanks.

Adam

adamstewart
12-22-2004, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any reads, particularly on the BB?

[/ QUOTE ]

No reads, unfortunately.

I think you were at this table, though... between me and the villain here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Adam

MHarris
12-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Indeed I was....never knew that was you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think Jeff summed up pretty well that you made the right play on each street. Against this opponent, I think you're good often enough to make calling down profitable.

adamstewart
12-22-2004, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Indeed I was....never knew that was you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think Jeff summed up pretty well that you made the right play on each street. Against this opponent, I think you're good often enough to make calling down profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you know.... shhhhh. /images/graemlins/wink.gif I suppose it's only fair since I always know when I'm playing you.

So, you remember that the villain ended up showing down pocket 6's then?? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Villain wins with 'sixes over tens'.