PDA

View Full Version : Storm Force

naphand
12-22-2004, 02:34 PM
SB is new to the table and just starting his 2nd orbit, CO is LAG but more loose than aggro (V$IP 70% PFR 12%, 107 hands) and calls some dodgy hands PF, Button has been around for a few orbits (10) and is certainly loose, somewhat passive PF and sees way too many SD.

Interpoker $3/$6 Holdem (6 max, 4 handed)

Preflop: Naphand is BB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
CO calls, Button raises, SB calls, Naphand calls, CO 3-bets, Button caps, SB calls, Naphand calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 players)
SB checks, Naphand checks, CO bets, Button calls, SB calls, Naphand calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 players)
SB checks, Naphand checks, CO bets, Button calls, SB calls, Naphand raises, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (17 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)
SB checks, Naphand bets, Button raises, SB folds, Naphand 3-bets, Button caps.

Final Pot: 24.5 BB

Given Buttons PF cap is the 3-bet right on the River? I think it is, as 78 is clearly absurd from the action, leaving only TT to beat me. When it is capped (or more accurately 4-bet, there is no cap HU on Crypto) he must have one of those two hands?

This could be tedious, comments PF and River most appreciated.

Danenania
12-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Not sure I would 3-bet the river. He hasn't played at all like an overpair and probably wouldn't raise you with one anyway given your description. Seems too likely he has TT here to reraise.

Danenania
12-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Also not sure if you're asking whether you can fold to his river cap. If you are I'd say definitely not. He played this very strangely and I think he will be tilting/overplaying and have something you beat more often than 1 in 24.5 times.

wheelz
12-22-2004, 03:49 PM
No, he's saying on that site there is no cap HU on the river.. you can put in as many bets as you want.

I probably 3-bet the river, but yeah there's no way you can make it 5 bets, that's for sure.

aslowjoe
12-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Its seems like a popular move on crypto limping then raising
for no apparent reason.
Heads up on the river I have went 5 or 6 raises before finally calling and watching people turn over mediocre hands, normaly passive players seem to lose it heads up on the river. Having said that you think the guy had to turn over pocket tens.
I would have played it the exact same way at Crypto on every street.

Guy McSucker
12-22-2004, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

He hasn't played at all like an overpair

Seems too likely he has TT here to reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Err... TT was an overpair until the river made it a set...

I don't understand!

Guy.

Danenania
12-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Hm, yeah that doesn't make much sense. I guess I meant he didn't play it at all like a BIG overpair I.E. AA or KK.

Mammux
12-22-2004, 09:45 PM
Don't think he had that, but 99 beats you as well.

-Magnus

Nemesis
12-23-2004, 12:49 AM
Were you going to showdown unimproved with 66? Or were you going to toss it on the turn unimproved? If the latter were the case, then do you really have the odds/implied odds to make that call?

Grisgra
12-23-2004, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Were you going to showdown unimproved with 66? Or were you going to toss it on the turn unimproved? If the latter were the case, then do you really have the odds/implied odds to make that call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course he had the odds -- it's what, around 21:1 to make his set on the turn, there were 16SB in there on the flop. Even though he won't win every time he makes his set, he's just about got odds to draw to it on the flop -- and his implied odds are kicking MAJOR ass.

MrFeelNothin
12-23-2004, 02:28 AM
plus he has 3 to a str8. HUGE implied odds. easy call on the flop.

Nemesis
12-23-2004, 02:30 AM
I didn't look @ how many bets went in pre-flop, boy am I embarrassed.

Grisgra
12-23-2004, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't look @ how many bets went in pre-flop, boy am I embarrassed.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's late /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

naphand
12-23-2004, 07:10 AM
Opponent flips T/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif and I lose a thumping pot... /images/graemlins/mad.gif