stickman
12-22-2004, 04:36 PM
I guess not. We will miss the Shoe in.

Easy E
12-28-2004, 08:11 PM
see the fatherpimp thread in Sports Betting for details

Big Al
12-29-2004, 11:20 PM
Thanks friends for the concern, I do appreciate it. Basically, I have not been betting because I have not had the time to do the proper analysis like I usually do. I work full time and this past few months we have been shortstaffed. I am hiring someone but it takes a while for them to clear. I am also a single parent/widower and spending time with my 10 year old son is a priority. I have always done this for extra money for toys for me and basically I was batting around 500 for the year (Shoe In was 5-4-1 YTD before I stopped). I have had 8 straight solid years and I know a fair amount of people follow my picks. I have been very successful overall with my posts here and I just felt it wasnt fair to everyone to continue to post when I wasnt dedicating as much time to it as normal. As I have stated previously, I anaylze many factors in games and I just wasnt doing this as much and just going on some basics I have developed thru the years. I promise to get back into it come playoff time. I do have some thoughts on a game this Sunday that has drawn some interest. Its the Colts versus the Bronco's. Many years ago I lived in San Francisco. The 49ers were going to play someone, I forgot to be honest, but if they won, it would let the NY Giants in the playoffs. The Giants were a team that had started slow that year and were really coming on. They and the 49ers were in their heyday and had played some tough games against each other. The 49ers were already in the playoffs. They did not want to face the Giants in the playoffs. The 49ers were at home and favored. They lost, didnt even really try. Phil Sims of the Giants said they (the 49ers) laid down like dogs. I see the same scenario this Sunday. The Colts do not want to face the Bills in the playoffs. Buffalo is playing some of the best ball of any team right now, IMO. I look for Indy, to quote Sims "lay down like dogs". History does tend to repeat itself. Those are my thoughts on this game, thanks for thinking of me and I'll be back come playoff time.--Big Al--

Tuco
12-30-2004, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have always done this for extra money for toys for me...

[/ QUOTE ]

You? You selfish bastard. My two year old daughter is walking around with a newspaper glued to her butt cause we cant afford diapers since the shoe-in's demise. Really, where do you get the nerve. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Above all else, really glad to hear all is well. There are about a half dozen of us here in Vancouver that follow your picks and we were worried something was seriously wrong. It is tradition that we all take the SI when we all meet each Thursday at our local pub to fill out our pool sheets. Funny how something that started small, like the SI, really snowballs over a period of time.

[ QUOTE ]
...and I'll be back come playoff time.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bookie cringes.

Tuco.

shemp
12-30-2004, 04:51 PM
Hey Big Al!! Great to see you are still kicking. Looking forward to you getting back into the game.

stickman
12-30-2004, 05:07 PM
Glad to hear everything is OK. Your perspective on handicapping taught me alot. Have a Happy New Year.

Big Al
01-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Well, I wouldnt say Indy "layed down like dogs" but as soon as Dunghy pulled Manning after one series I knew the Colts were not going to try that hard. Hope you guys had Denver /images/graemlins/smile.gif--Big Al--