PDA

View Full Version : the 5/10 6-max games are going downhill? (Low-content)

Rubeskies
12-22-2004, 01:59 PM
Just a few from my amusing session last night and in response to all of you who think the 5/10 games are dying just because of that single post.

Party 5/10 6-max (6-handed)

Hand 1

Hero is CO with 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Preflop UTG folds, MP calls, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, MP calls

Flop 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

MP checks, <font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, Button calls, MP folds.

Turn 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

<font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, <font color="red"> Button raises </font>, Hero calls

River J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

<font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, <font color="red"> Button raises </font>, Hero calls.

<font color="green"> Results: </font> <font color="white"> Button shows K /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for K high.
Hero wins 12.5 BBs </font>

Hand 2

Party 5/10 6-max (3 handed)

Hero is in the BB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Preflop Button calls, SB completes, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, <font color="red"> Button 3-bets </font>, SB folds, <font color="red"> Hero caps </font>, Button calls.

Flop 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

<font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, <font color="red"> Button raises </font>, Hero calls.

Turn K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero checks, <font color="red"> Button bets </font>, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, <font color="red"> Button 3-bets </font>, <font color="red"> Hero caps </font>, Button calls.

River 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

<font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, Button calls.

<font color="green"> Results: </font> <font color="white"> Button shows J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for a pair of jacks.
Hero wins 16.4 BBs </font>

There were many more, these were just two of my favorites. Feel free to post your own gems.

Grisgra
12-22-2004, 02:26 PM
I'm just impressed how he managed having a pair of jacks in Hand #2. Damn.

In my experience the onslaught of hyper-aggressive play from the beginning of December has waned a bit -- I think the games are getting better again.

Kaz The Original
12-22-2004, 02:29 PM
*salvates* (sic?)

Rubeskies
12-22-2004, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just impressed how he managed having a pair of jacks in Hand #2. Damn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I guess it was a pair of 9s.

RamGad
12-22-2004, 03:58 PM
I prefer cracking slowplayed Aces. Man I love that. Can't find the HH now, but I hadn't tried to steal with blinds with 10 8s in months as blinds are usually too loose. They were folding quite a bit, so thought I'd give it shot. Sb folds, bb calls. Flop is 10 6 5 with one of my spades, I bet he calls. Hit my 8 on the turn; I bet, he calls. River is duece. I bet, he raises, I 3 bet, he calls. He shows his aces and expects me to feel bad for him. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

RamGad
12-22-2004, 04:53 PM
Yeah, agree that the games are softening a little again, but still more agressive. As the hands you posted show, it's definitely better for your EV if they raise with the 2nd best hand rauther than just call. If you got the balls and bankroll, this is a very good thing.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I just think that the agression is a seasonal disorder as people get their Christmas bonuses, have more idle and drinking time or perhaps trying to get their money they spent on gifts back. People spending more time indoors are getting stir crazy too. Who knows? Anyway, knock on wood these are not "thinking lags" like the ones on 10-20. (Can't remember the poster that patented that term)