PDA

View Full Version : NINE Eagles selected to the Pro Bowl

CCx
12-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Let's hear it from the haters!

McNabb, Owens, Akers, Dawkins, Lewis, Reese, Sheppard, Thomas and Trotter....WOW!

See you in Jacksonville /images/graemlins/grin.gif Hate on!

CCx
12-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Full list of selections here (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1951662)

jakethebake
12-22-2004, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

McNabb, Owens, Akers, Dawkins, Lewis, Reese, Sheppard, Thomas and Trotter....WOW!

[/ QUOTE ]
Too bad it's their consolation prize since they'll never make it to the big dance. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lazymeatball
12-22-2004, 01:21 PM
The first two are obvious, I've havn't heard much about the rest though.

ThaSaltCracka
12-22-2004, 01:25 PM
to bad Owens won't be there, hahaha

jakethebake
12-22-2004, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
to bad Owens won't be there, hahaha

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea..That's a shame. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CCx
12-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Here they come, HATE ON!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wonder what the weather in Jacksonville is like in February....guess the EAGLES will tell us allllll about it!

And T.O. *WILL* be back to play in the big game - i'll make sure to update this thread when it happens. HATE ON! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
12-22-2004, 01:33 PM
yup I really actually do hate TO.

As for the Pro Bowl, really, who cares? It is the sorriest excuse for an all-star game ever.

jagoff
12-22-2004, 01:36 PM
Noone cares! NEXT!

CCx
12-22-2004, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Noone cares! NEXT!

[/ QUOTE ]

POINTLESS - NEXT!

CCx
12-22-2004, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As for the Pro Bowl, really, who cares?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a reward for SPECTACULAR seasons, which these guys have had - and always bet the over in the Pro Bowl, never fails.

jagoff
12-22-2004, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Noone cares! NEXT!

[/ QUOTE ]

POINTLESS - NEXT!

[/ QUOTE ]

PointFULL- NEXT!

CCx
12-22-2004, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Noone cares! NEXT!

[/ QUOTE ]

POINTLESS - NEXT!

[/ QUOTE ]

PointFULL- NEXT!

[/ QUOTE ]

!TXEN - LLUFtnioP

jakethebake
12-22-2004, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just a reward for SPECTACULAR seasons, which these guys have had - and always bet the over in the Pro Bowl, never fails.

[/ QUOTE ]
Reward = Pretending to put forth effort in a pointless game that no one watches anyway.

Too bad their spectacular season will end in a disastrous post-season. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
12-22-2004, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wonder what the weather in Jacksonville is like in February....guess the EAGLES will tell us allllll about it!

[/ QUOTE ]My guess is they won't.

[ QUOTE ]
And T.O. *WILL* be back to play in the big game - i'll make sure to update this thread when it happens. HATE ON! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
He'll probably be there, Sharpie in hand doing some silly dance like he's having a siezure. Unfortunately it won't be an endzone dance since the Eagles won't be playing. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CCx
12-22-2004, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Reward = Pretending to put forth effort in a pointless game that no one watches anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it's a free trip to Hawaii and I believe in the neighborhood of 100k per player.

CCx
12-22-2004, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My guess is they won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad guess - E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!! Talk to you in February buddy /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
12-22-2004, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it's a free trip to Hawaii and I believe in the neighborhood of 100k per player.

[/ QUOTE ]I don't understand how this makes the Pro Bowl relevant. They might as well just tell them they are all conference or whatever, and scrap the fuc[/b]kin game.

kenberman
12-22-2004, 02:26 PM
how many guys did the Eagles have in the pro bowl the last 3 years? I think it was 7 in 2002, and 6 in 2001. How did that work out for them?

I know that my Pats had THREE last year, and I do believe they won the Super Bowl. And oh yes, the Pats had TWO in 2001, when they also won the Super Bowl.

Pro Bowl players don't make a team great.

Football fans know this.

CCx
12-22-2004, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I don't understand how this makes the Pro Bowl relevant. They might as well just tell them they are all conference or whatever, and scrap the fuc[/b]kin game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say it was relevant, was just mentioning it - and i thought *I* was a prick, lol

CCx
12-22-2004, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how many guys did the Eagles have in the pro bowl the last 3 years? I think it was 7 in 2002, and 6 in 2001. How did that work out for them?

I know that my Pats had THREE last year, and I do believe they won the Super Bowl. And oh yes, the Pats had TWO in 2001, when they also won the Super Bowl.

Pro Bowl players don't make a team great.

Football fans know this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, we'll see how it works out this year. EAGLES!@(&!

kenberman
12-22-2004, 02:40 PM
apology accepted

jakethebake
12-22-2004, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how many guys did the Eagles have in the pro bowl the last 3 years? I think it was 7 in 2002, and 6 in 2001. How did that work out for them? I know that my Pats had THREE last year, and I do believe they won the Super Bowl. And oh yes, the Pats had TWO in 2001, when they also won the Super Bowl. Pro Bowl players don't make a team great.
Football fans know this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, but they also t have a team mom serving them Chunky soup. That'll get em over the hump. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ThaSaltCracka
12-22-2004, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say it was relevant, was just mentioning it - and i thought *I* was a prick, lol

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jakethebake
12-22-2004, 02:47 PM
Everyone else starts threads on irrelevant issues. Why would you assume he was different?

ThaSaltCracka
12-22-2004, 02:51 PM
true, I can't hate, I start some stupid ass threads too.

CCx
12-22-2004, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone else starts threads on irrelevant issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of figured that was what this area of the forum was for....men eating men stories, naked chicks, sports talk, and other such nonsense....have I mentioned GO EAGLES? /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

jakethebake
12-22-2004, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone else starts threads on irrelevant issues. Why would you assume he was different?

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh. And I meant the Eagles too. Not just the Pro Bowl. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

daryn
12-22-2004, 02:58 PM
when did the probowl move from honolulu to jacksonville?

CCx
12-22-2004, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when did the probowl move from honolulu to jacksonville?

[/ QUOTE ]

It didn't, it was my plug for the Eagles in the Super Bowl. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lazymeatball
12-22-2004, 04:01 PM
wow, I just realized the Jaguars have a shot at making the playoffs, and that the SuperBowl is to be played in Jacksonville. Not that there's any chance at the Jag's making it to the Superbowl, but has any Superbowl team ever had homefiled advantage? I suspect the answer is no.

CCx
12-22-2004, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, I just realized the Jaguars have a shot at making the playoffs, and that the SuperBowl is to be played in Jacksonville. Not that there's any chance at the Jag's making it to the Superbowl, but has any Superbowl team ever had homefiled advantage? I suspect the answer is no.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but close... in Super Bowl XIV the Rams played the Steelers at the Rose Bowl (a short ride from their home LA Coliseum), and Super Bowl XIX the 49ers played Miami at Stanford (also a short ride from Candlestick). Rams lost, Niners won.

Homer
12-22-2004, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say only 4 of the 9 should have made it, and I'm an Eagles fan.

McNabb - Yes
Owens - Yes
Akers - Yes
Dawkins - No
Lewis - No
Reese - Yes
Sheppard - No way
Thomas - Maybe
Trotter - No

CCx
12-22-2004, 06:06 PM
I think Sheppard probably should have gone...there's not too many other corners in the NFC that are any better. Otherwise I pretty much agree with your list (definitely on Trotter, he's only started half the games!)