PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Loose Table

Crveballin
12-22-2004, 12:39 PM
Last night on .5/1.00 Party, I found a great table where the table average for VP$IP was aprox. 43 and the PFR% was 8. First hand I got off to a great start with a 25BB pot catching a set with my pocket 8's. But in the next 100 hands, I did not seem to catch any cards and was drawn out on numerous times. With so many people always seeing the flop, what kind of advice should I change to my game? Here is an examples of one of the hands...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 3c Kh (flush, king high).
MP1 has Jh Jd (flush, queen high).
Outcome: BB wins 18.25 BB. </font>

davelin
12-22-2004, 12:43 PM
3-bet pre-flop. With two overcards to your TT I'd fold the flop when it's 2 back to me. But you didn't so it was a crime not to raise the turn.

Peter Harris
12-22-2004, 12:46 PM
agreed.

furthermore, remember with more people in the pot, variance will increase and suckouts, even with perfect play, happen lots.

That said, 3-bet PF and fold flop. Missing the turn raise was odd - monsters under the bed??

royaltrux
12-22-2004, 12:50 PM
I agree with all the above 3-bet the flop.

Crveballin
12-22-2004, 01:09 PM
Yeah I do think I missed the 3-bet preflop. I guess if you miss the flop and there are more than one overcard its correct to fold in that situation. With such a loose table, is it correct to loosen up with some suited connectors or should I stay tight?

davelin
12-22-2004, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I do think I missed the 3-bet preflop. I guess if you miss the flop and there are more than one overcard its correct to fold in that situation. With such a loose table, is it correct to loosen up with some suited connectors or should I stay tight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to say with one overcard, you need a good read on your opponent. When you're facing 2 bets and there's an overcard, it's pretty safe to fold.

With a loose table, you can loosen up your starting requirements some.