PDA

View Full Version : Pocket 9s, paired board, bleeding chips??

Fat Nicky
12-22-2004, 12:34 PM
5th hand at table, never have seen villain before.

Am I bleeding money here?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: (6.66 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (8.66 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 10.66 BB

Nick C
12-22-2004, 08:25 PM
I think the flop raise is good. There's a good chance MP2 would try to checkraise trips on the flop or turn. I think a pair of fours or a low/medium pocket pair is more likely.

You can't like getting called by Button too much, and it's hard to like the way overcards continue to fall on the turn and river, either.

But I think betting the turn is good. Button may just have an ace, or maybe he has a pocket pair of his own (and he might fold a better one, though I'm not sure how likely that is).

I'm not sure what's best on the river. Probably you would have heard from trip kings by now, but you could easily be beat even if that's not what you're up against. A small number of worse hands might call, but I'm thinking a larger number of better hands might check behind. I'm having trouble thinking of a better hand that will fold that's hung in this far. Plus, your opponent might be the type to bluff when checked to in a decent-sized pot.

There's a good chance I'd bet-fold on the river in the heat of the actual hand, but I think check-calling might be better.