PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Taxes Poll

PlayerA
12-22-2004, 11:26 AM
I'm just curious to see what people intend to do.

cbfair
12-22-2004, 12:53 PM
Other. I'm going to hire an accountant and follow their recommendations to the letter. I'm looking for referrals in the middle Tennessee (Nashville) area. PM me if there's someone you've worked with and recommend.

Rockatansky
12-22-2004, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Other. I'm going to hire an accountant and follow their recommendations to the letter. I'm looking for referrals in the middle Tennessee (Nashville) area. PM me if there's someone you've worked with and recommend.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about that Chris Moneymaker guy? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BradleyT
12-22-2004, 03:17 PM
This poll should be deleted. Why give the IRS any clues.

Lazymeatball
12-22-2004, 03:22 PM
because you can answer anonymously

TimM
12-22-2004, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
because you can answer anonymously

[/ QUOTE ]

The poll is indicating that up to 75% of respondants will not be filing accurately. I think that's a pretty big clue regardless of the identity of those who answered.

Kellon
12-22-2004, 04:00 PM
Great! Now what we need is for someone to distribute this to all of the major media outlets so they can have another tangent on the "poker is immoral, dangerous, etc." to scream about. I can't believe how dumb this thread is. Gotta be right up there for a 2004 award.

(I wish I had some of Granny's superlative graemlins to insert here.)

PlayerA
12-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Why?

In my opinion, this just feeds the argument that online gaming needs to be legitimized and the IRS rules regarding gaming needs to be updated in light of online gaming.

I really don't think there is anyone at the IRS that wants to go through a 3000 entry spreadsheet to see that everything adds up. I will be happy to provide them with a printed copy if they really want it.

moondogg
12-22-2004, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why?

In my opinion, this just feeds the argument that online gaming needs to be legitimized and the IRS rules regarding gaming needs to be updated in light of online gaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing that we "gamblers" post on 2+2 will ever feed any serious argument about legislation.

mmanne
12-22-2004, 04:17 PM
I'm also looking into an accountant. If anyone has rec's in the Boston area, or would like to get a group together to hire one as a group, PM me.

matt